Problem reading any tags from MPC files

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

pdu

Problem reading any tags from MPC files

Post by pdu »

Hi there,
I'm running MediaMonkey v2.0 b1.557 and have installed the in_mpc.dll in order to playback MPC, MPP and MP+ (MusePack) files. However when adding MPC files to the library, MediaMonkey ignores the ID3V1.1 tags. I have tried importing MPC files with APE1.0 and even APE2.0 tags but the problem remains. No tag information is being read from the added files. It seems to me like MediaMonkey creates Track, Title and Artist information from the filenames though I have selected Use: Tags then inferred properties. If I disable the Infer track properties checkbox and select Tags only under Get album and Track Numbers from: no files get imported at all. What am I doing wrong?

Best regards
jiri

Post by jiri »

MediaMonkey currently fully supports only MP3, WAV, WMA and OGG file formats. Any other (e.g. MPC) can be played back using WinAmp2 input plug-ins, however this type of plug-ins doesn't allow reading or writings of tags. Thus such formats are only partially supported yet, we hope to add full support soon.

Jiri

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the fast reply.

Just for the record. MPC files can have 3 types of tags: ID3V1, APE1.0 and APE 2.0. Since MediaMonkey already support reading/writing of ID3v1 tags maybe it wouldn't be to hard to implement this feature for MPC files and other non-supported files? Just check for ID3V1 tag information when importing (personnaly I don't really care about the APE tags anyway).

I hope you will be able to add full support for MPC files in the future. I will be watching the changelog for sure. Since most of my 15.000+ tracks are in MPC format I'm stuck with Media Jukebox v8 for now.

Keep up the good work with MediaMonkey.

Best regards,
Peter