Weird grey-out effect in now playing window

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Triponi

Weird grey-out effect in now playing window

Post by Triponi »

Hello, I'm wondering if someone can explain this to me?

I have several playlists (actually MegaDJ auto playlists). When I click play (or play next) on any of them they appear in the now playing window with the majority greyed out except for a few random ones. See image:

Now, if I go back and look at the identical playlist view all the songs appear fully black and not greyed out. MM will happily walk through all the songs playing them in turn and this doesn't appear to affect functionality. Having played a song it will revert to the all black state. It only ever appears in the now playing window and I can discern no common pattern as to which songs appear grey and not grey.

This only seems to appear with the MegaDJ autoplaylists and not the system static or system auto playlists and I have no idea why that might be.

Like I say, it doesn't seem to affect functionality at all, it's just odd. Any ideas?

I am using the media monkey 3.0.4.1185 Gold and this behaviour is common for all skins.

Triponi
rovingcowboy

Re: Weird grey-out effect in now playing window

Post by rovingcowboy »

its a megadj playlist code error.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Triponi

Post by Triponi »

Could you expand a bit on that? How does an autoplaylist affect the now playing window?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

monkey makes an m3u list to use for the now playing list.

so there seems to be some code messing up in megadj that does not know it is an m3u list.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

It is weird, and I haven't a clue what's going on, (never having experienced it myself). Usually, the tracks turn grey when those files aren't present on the system (in which case it skips them), though obviously this isn't the case with you at all.

I'll have a think about this, and what bug could be causing this, but it could be tricky...

Have you tried pressing F4 to update the list, or closing/reopening MM? If you could give a repeatable sequence of steps (exactly), and I'll try and repeat the error.

By the way, something which might help you to help me. When opening up MediaMonkey, MegaDJ scans the whole database to add each track's info to a large array. This helps immensely for speed when searching and switching between lists during standard use of MM.
Last edited by twinbee on Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

twinbee wrote:I...

Have you tried pressing F4 to update the list, or closing/reopening MM?
You mean F5 :wink:
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

lol, nope F4. F5 is MM's refresh, but F4 is MegaDJ's 'refresh' ;)
MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.
Triponi

Post by Triponi »

OK, so if I start a MegaDJ list as I describe above, then shut down and restart MM the now playing list will reappear all black as "normal".

As for a repeatable sequence of steps, I'm pretty sure it happens every single time. I can't play a MegaDJ node without it happening! So my repeatable sequence is. start MM, click play! I didn't realise that this was what it was at first, as having just imported my library from WMP and started using MM, I thought it was other library issues :)

If it ever doesn't happen I'll let you know(!) and I'll try and work out why...

Triponi :)
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

I was just playing around with MegaDJ and had the same issue. Does anyone have a solution for it?