Behaviour of fields

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Nethers

Behaviour of fields

Post by Nethers »

I'm new to magic nodes, so may have missed the example in the tutorial.

If I set up a node Comments\<comment|trim:25> does that imply that [b]only[/b] tracks with 25 or more characters will show up?

Or is it that any tracks with [i]any [/i]characters in the comments field be returned but that [u]only [/u]the first 25 characters are shown?

I'm trying to use the comments field to show up any tracks that have comments in them so that I can delete the comments that are inappropriate.

However, if I use the node syntax above, then 0 tracks are returned, but if I look in the .mdb file, then I have 20 entries with memo type 20000 and if I track down one of the tracks, there is a comment in both the ID3 v1.1 LYRICS3 tags and in the ID3 v2.3 tags (using 'The GodFather') - occasionaly, the ID3 v2.3 tag is empty.

Though in the MM properties dialog, the field is always empty?

As an aside, it's not possible to select the comment/memo field to display as a column within MM

Any thoughts.

Best regards

Mark[/i]
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Hi, the correct behavior should be:
Or is it that any tracks with any characters in the comments field be returned but that only the first 25 characters are shown?
In other words, you should see something no matter the length of the comment. Just to be sure, you can try
Comment\<comment|trim:1>
or
Comment\<comment>
and see if anything shows up.

Are you sure the memotype for comments is 20000? (I'm away so I have no way to check). If so, what happens if you add a comment using MediaMonkey?

The script accesses the database, not the tags, but if you synchronize the tags the result should be the same.

Let me know if you find out what's going on. If there's a bug I'll look into it when I come back in a couple of weeks.

Pablo
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

A couple more things. The fact that the field is empty in the properties window indicates that it's not a problem in the MagicNodes script alone. Are you sure the tags you're looking at are comments and not lyrics?

And, you're right that it's not possible to select comment as a column in the tracklisting. This functionality has been requested and the developers have said it's on the to-do list.