Duplicate Report 3.0 [MM2+3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Skywave

Post by Skywave »

Hey Trixmoto

My pleasure. I just hope I can keep the script up to your excellent standards :)

Skywave
sommo

Re: Duplicate Report 3.0 [MM2+3]

Post by sommo »

I would just like to say a thank you trixmoto, for this addon!
This is one of the reason why I use MediaMonkey!
It is really helpful and I do use it :)
Keep up the good work & Happy coding!
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Skywave:

Would it be possible to have the script export the duplicate report to an outside source, preferably MS Excel? Right now I have to export the results using the Custom Report script, I would like to possibly eliminate this step.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
jonp

Post by jonp »

Great script - thanks trixmoto. Is there a way to change how the script determines the 'best' track? eg I would like the script to mark tracks from a specific path as the 'best' track - rather than use bitrate. Thanks.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Technically this probably would be possible, yes.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Skywave

Post by Skywave »

nynaevelan wrote:Skywave:

Would it be possible to have the script export the duplicate report to an outside source, preferably MS Excel? Right now I have to export the results using the Custom Report script, I would like to possibly eliminate this step.

Nyn
Hi Nyn

I am sooooo sorry for only seeing your post now. I have no idea how this one got past me :oops:

I don't know if I have something special on my PC (i honestly don't think so) but I can right-mouse click on the report, and then click on 'Export to Microsoft Excel' which seems to do a pretty good job of it.

If this is not satisfactory, then I'll have to beg Trixmoto to use his Custom Report code, and integrate that into the Duplicate Report. But let me know if you come right.

Reg'ds
Skywave
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Skywave wrote: Hi Nyn

I am sooooo sorry for only seeing your post now. I have no idea how this one got past me :oops:
Not a problem... :)
Skywave wrote:I don't know if I have something special on my PC (i honestly don't think so) but I can right-mouse click on the report, and then click on 'Export to Microsoft Excel' which seems to do a pretty good job of it.

If this is not satisfactory, then I'll have to beg Trixmoto to use his Custom Report code, and integrate that into the Duplicate Report. But let me know if you come right.

Reg'ds
Skywave
This will work, and I did not know about that little trick. Thank you. :D

Skywave

Post by Skywave »

nynaevelan wrote: This will work, and I did not know about that little trick. Thank you. :D
I've decided to create a button that exports to Excel (only) for the moment, which will include the colors and all the options. This however is more for me to practice, rather than anything else, although it will be usable once I am done :D

Reg'ds
Skywave
Malfidus

Post by Malfidus »

Sounds pretty dumb, but...
I can't start this script.
Installed it, in the list of extentions, it's there but not in the list of scripts (Extra - Scripts).

What am I doing wrong?
Program language is Dutch. :wink:
Thank you.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

It's under File -- Create Reports -- Duplicate Report

Nyn

Malfidus

Post by Malfidus »

Tnx, it looks like what i was looking for :D
Thank you.
keith

Post by keith »

hi. i am new to MM and am still trying to figure out how to get rid of all my duplicates, i downloaded your script, but cant get it to install. After i click install now it just replies with a installation error message. Is there something wrong that i am doing or the software is out of date? please help. i am running 3.0.5.1186 version.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

keith wrote:hi. i am new to MM and am still trying to figure out how to get rid of all my duplicates, i downloaded your script, but cant get it to install. After i click install now it just replies with a installation error message. Is there something wrong that i am doing or the software is out of date? please help. i am running 3.0.5.1186 version.
Close MM. Right click the MM icon on your desktop, click 'Run as administrator'. Double click the installation file, installation should now go off without a hitch.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
keith

Post by keith »

nohitter151 wrote:
keith wrote:hi. i am new to MM and am still trying to figure out how to get rid of all my duplicates, i downloaded your script, but cant get it to install. After i click install now it just replies with a installation error message. Is there something wrong that i am doing or the software is out of date? please help. i am running 3.0.5.1186 version.
Close MM. Right click the MM icon on your desktop, click 'Run as administrator'. Double click the installation file, installation should now go off without a hitch.
Thanks a lot nohitter151, got it working now :D
AWD_Guy

Post by AWD_Guy »

Would it be possible to combine MusicIP Tagger and this script?

Basically, have MusicIP Tagger write the PUID to a tag and then have Duplicate report use that tag as the Match mode?

Sorry, I am not a script guy or I would try and put them together...