Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Jon Isaksson wrote:Is there away of hiding the "unknown" discs under Book1 (and any other books with out discs) without hiding the whole section?
This was already asked before and the short answer is - this is not possible. Maybe this would be changed in the future, but I could not give any promise. You could read a discussion about this here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 239#137239
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

I currently have this magic node and it's great.

Code: Select all

<Group|Name:My Nodes|Child of:Library>\Genre|Icon:Top level\<Genre>\<Album>
I prefer to use this to any Magic Nodes since Magic Nodes opens on default and I'd rather not use Tweakmonkey.

But the above raises a couple of questions for me:

1) This still creates a "separate" area - My nodes - is there a way to embed this directly WITHIN Library, say under Genre, and call it Genre2? Or since I don't even like how Genre acts by default, is there a way I can replace it by calling my magic node Genre and hiding the other one with options?

2) If not, Right now the hierarchy is "My Nodes"/"Genre"/"Album", is there any way I could at least just make it "Genre"/"Album" and avoid the extra click to enter the Genre area? (The problem I ran into was that if I did a Name:Genre, I couldn't see any way to open to the genres without creating another name.... i.e. I couldn't figure out how to skip a step.

Thanks for thoughts!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Seeker wrote:is there a way to embed this directly WITHIN Library, say under Genre, and call it Genre2?
Of course there is a way. You should remove the Group part of the mask and specify the Child of qualifier within the Global part (those with the Caption):

Genre2|Icon:Top level|Child of:Genre\<Genre>\<Album>
If you don't know anything about Group/Global/Caption terminology, I highly recommend reading of the PDF manual written by Rick. Here is the link to a draft of the last version: http://west-penwith.org.uk/misc/MagicNodes17.pdf. There is one note about the Child of and Position qualifiers: they could be specified as Global qualifiers as well as Group qualifiers (the PDF manual wrongly dropped this), but only the first specified has an effect.
Seeker wrote:Or since I don't even like how Genre acts by default, is there a way I can replace it by calling my magic node Genre and hiding the other one with options?
Of course, but only if you use MM3. You need to hide the built-in Genre node with: right-click on the Tree panel/Options/Choose Tree nodes/uncheck Genre. After that you could create Magic node like this:

Genre|Icon:Top level|Child of:Genre\<Genre>\<Album>
Seeker wrote:2) If not, Right now the hierarchy is "My Nodes"/"Genre"/"Album", is there any way I could at least just make it "Genre"/"Album" and avoid the extra click to enter the Genre area?
I think that the answer for this is same as for the first question.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Thanks - my only other question is if you 'move' the hidden Genre up or down in the hierarchy, will Genre2 follow it since it is tied to it as a "Child of"?

And I did look at the pdf, but when I grabbed it, I think it only went up to 1.6 - I'll make sure I get the newer one. (EDIT: Your page 1 points to the 1.6 final, you might want to at least add the link to the beta 1.7 manual....)
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Seeker wrote:if you 'move' the hidden Genre up or down in the hierarchy, will Genre2 follow it since it is tied to it as a "Child of"?
I think this depends if you moved the built-in node before of after you created the Magic node. Anyway, you could move the Genre2 node in the same way as the built-in Genre node.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

ZvezdanD wrote:
Seeker wrote:if you 'move' the hidden Genre up or down in the hierarchy, will Genre2 follow it since it is tied to it as a "Child of"?
I think this depends if you moved the built-in node before of after you created the Magic node. Anyway, you could move the Genre2 node in the same way as the built-in Genre node.
Ok, great - so child of: Genre is really just for neatness, it could just have easily been Child of:Album since Album is on the same level as Genre, correct?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Seeker wrote:so child of: Genre is really just for neatness, it could just have easily been Child of:Album since Album is on the same level as Genre, correct?
Well, the answer is yes and no. Yes - you could specify Child of:Album since it is on the same level as Genre and after that you could use MM possibility to move nodes up/down to change its position. No - it is not just for neatness. First, because the Magic Nodes script could work with MM2 which didn't had a possibility to move nodes; and second, many MM3 users don't have a need to use its possibility to move nodes.

Maybe I haven't been clear. If you don't use a MM possibility to move nodes, the newly created Magic node will be immediately after the node specified with Child of. Well, this is not exactly the true, because this depends of the parent node and the Position qualifier as well. All of this is explained in the PDF manual.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Either way - it works BEAUTIFULLY.

Thank you so much for your hard work.
bob61

Post by bob61 »

I've installed 1.7.6 (had been running previous versions without a problem previously). New version causes my MM3 to freeze up at splash screen. I've removed this script from the Auto directory and MM3 loads fine. If I put MagicNodes back in it freezes up again. I've stripped all but one mask from the MagicNodes.ini file just to be sure it's not one of the masks and still have MM3 freeze at splash screen. Any ideas as to what the cause would be? Running latest beta (1183).
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

I added an album today, but the "Recently Added Albums" Node says I added it 3 days ago.

Recently Added Albums|Filter:<Path> Not Like 'http://%'|Icon:Top level|Filter:<Weeks since added> < 10\<Album|Statistic:Avg(Days since added)>
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

bob61 wrote:I've installed 1.7.6 (had been running previous versions without a problem previously). New version causes my MM3 to freeze up at splash screen.
What is the last version of Magic Nodes which worked correctly to you? Could you try to manually and temporary replace a new version with some old version and try to see if same thing happens?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

dypsis wrote:I added an album today, but the "Recently Added Albums" Node says I added it 3 days ago.

Recently Added Albums|Filter:<Path> Not Like 'http://%'|Icon:Top level|Filter:<Weeks since added> < 10\<Album|Statistic:Avg(Days since added)>
Are you sure that all tracks from this album are added exactly same day? Could you post a screenshot where could be seen the Added column?
bob61

Post by bob61 »

ZvezdanD wrote:
bob61 wrote:I've installed 1.7.6 (had been running previous versions without a problem previously). New version causes my MM3 to freeze up at splash screen.
What is the last version of Magic Nodes which worked correctly to you? Could you try to manually and temporary replace a new version with some old version and try to see if same thing happens?
I believe I had 1.7.5 prior. I don't have older version to install and don't see where I can download and older version.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

bob61 wrote:I don't have older version to install and don't see where I can download and older version.
v1.7.5
v1.7.5.4

Here is the modified last version with added message boxes in several places. If you try it, you should tell me what is the last displayed number before MM freeze up:
v1.7.6-debug
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

ZvezdanD wrote:
dypsis wrote:I added an album today, but the "Recently Added Albums" Node says I added it 3 days ago.

Are you sure that all tracks from this album are added exactly same day? Could you post a screenshot where could be seen the Added column?