How to use Mediamonkey to sync with the Zune [A Guide]

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Anonymous wrote:hello,

i have a big problem syncing my zune with the original zune sw:
i taggt all of my mp3s correctly with MM, but the zune sw (and of course the zune itself :-? ) shows ca 1200 songs with unknown album!

does this problem disappear when i use the MM for syncing?

thx for your help...
Yes, this problem will disappear if you sync with MM. However, if you still want to sync using the Zune software, just remove all tracks from the Zune library, then re-add them. The Zune software won't pick up on metadata changes except for the first time they are imported into the library.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
tgriff9020

Post by tgriff9020 »

I had this trouble syncing with MM to my zune, what I did to solve it was to sync the ID tags, but still had the issue with one album. cant figure that one out. had to add to zune through zune SW and works fine. getting the files from same location. cant understand why MM doesnt sync this one album.
Mvpdj24

MM doesn't sync all songs to zune??????

Post by Mvpdj24 »

Hi,

Well I've been having a problem syncing my music to my zune through MM...... I have 11,211 songs (I know this because MM imported all 11,211 songs into its library). Although when I go to sync it only syncs about 11,000 of my songs. "I know I'm kinda picky, but I just want all of my songs on my zune". Anyways, I've tried both auto sync and manually syncing the songs and they both come up with syncing only 11,000 of my 11,211 songs. I know I have room for the songs because I still have approx. 25GB free after the 11,000 songs are synced. I also know I don't have a reserved space on my zune (I checked in the zune software). So is there any reason for this or any way to fix it so all my songs will sync to my zune????????
Please Help!!!!!
nohitter151

Re: MM doesn't sync all songs to zune??????

Post by nohitter151 »

Mvpdj24 wrote:Hi,

Well I've been having a problem syncing my music to my zune through MM...... I have 11,211 songs (I know this because MM imported all 11,211 songs into its library). Although when I go to sync it only syncs about 11,000 of my songs. "I know I'm kinda picky, but I just want all of my songs on my zune". Anyways, I've tried both auto sync and manually syncing the songs and they both come up with syncing only 11,000 of my 11,211 songs. I know I have room for the songs because I still have approx. 25GB free after the 11,000 songs are synced. I also know I don't have a reserved space on my zune (I checked in the zune software). So is there any reason for this or any way to fix it so all my songs will sync to my zune????????
Please Help!!!!!
Perhaps the files are an incompatible file type? How do you know they are missing from your device?

Mvpddj24

MM doesn't sync all music to zune?????

Post by Mvpddj24 »

I check the settings in my zune and see there are only 11,000 songs on there..... Also MM stops syncing after 11,000.... I know all the file types are compatible because I once had all my music synced to my zune through the zune software.......
nohitter151

Re: MM doesn't sync all music to zune?????

Post by nohitter151 »

Mvpddj24 wrote:I check the settings in my zune and see there are only 11,000 songs on there..... Also MM stops syncing after 11,000.... I know all the file types are compatible because I once had all my music synced to my zune through the zune software.......
Its hard to say... I don't have that many tracks and that many tracks probably wouldn't even fit on my Zune (I assume you have an 80 GB?). Have you tried finding some track that isn't on the Zune and syncing it manually (right click, send to Zune).

Mvpdj24

MM doesn't sync all songs to zune?????

Post by Mvpdj24 »

Yea I have the 80GB zune! Ummmm.... No, I haven't really looked for the songs that couldn't sync....It seemed too difficult and time consuming to look through all 11,000 songs to find one of the 211 songs that aren't being added....
Well ya I really dnt know whats goin on with it.....but if you ever think of sumthin or come across somthin that might help me I would really appreciate your advice.
Thanx!
chocmnk4

Can't Get Zune 30GB to Sync

Post by chocmnk4 »

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium...I have a Zune 30GB and got it to sync with MM Gold on my old XP laptop. However I cannot get it to sync with the Vista PC. I go through all the steps in the tutorial but when I start MM up, it doesn't detect the Zune? Any suggestions?
nohitter151

Re: Can't Get Zune 30GB to Sync

Post by nohitter151 »

chocmnk4 wrote:I am running Windows Vista Home Premium...I have a Zune 30GB and got it to sync with MM Gold on my old XP laptop. However I cannot get it to sync with the Vista PC. I go through all the steps in the tutorial but when I start MM up, it doesn't detect the Zune? Any suggestions?
I'm on the same OS (Vista Home Premium) and everything works fine, so make sure you're following the steps exactly and that 'Syncing...' appears on the Zune screen when you're opening MM.

player 1

Re: How to use Mediamonkey to sync with the Zune [A Guide]

Post by player 1 »

i was just wondering,
do i have to go through that whole process every time i want to sync with mm or am i free to just connect to sync from now on
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

player 1 wrote:i was just wondering,
do i have to go through that whole process every time i want to sync with mm or am i free to just connect to sync from now on
You'll have to repeat the process each time the computer is restarted and you want to sync.

Serrelle

Post by Serrelle »

Help, please!! I'm stuck @ the point where my Zune is "syncing" and the Zune software is closed... but when I try to switch zAlternator to "Generic" and "apply", it doesn't allow the change. It switches again to "Zune (default)"... I So Wanna have another option other than using the crappy Zune software to sync. Thanks so much ;)
Polo

Post by Polo »

Serrelle wrote:Help, please!! I'm stuck @ the point where my Zune is "syncing" and the Zune software is closed... but when I try to switch zAlternator to "Generic" and "apply", it doesn't allow the change. It switches again to "Zune (default)"... I So Wanna have another option other than using the crappy Zune software to sync. Thanks so much ;)
I had the same problem with my new Zune, you probably have the 2.5 firmware and use zAlternator ?
I used to, the thing is that zAlternator doesn't work with the 2.5 firmware, you have to DL zSuite (several hacks for Zune including a version of zAlternator which works with Zune 2.5)

For my part I have the same problem as some people here: all the albums are well tagged in my MM library but in my Zune there's always "Unknown album", and deleting & re-syncing all the songs doesn't fix the problem. Any idea ?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Polo wrote:
Serrelle wrote:Help, please!! I'm stuck @ the point where my Zune is "syncing" and the Zune software is closed... but when I try to switch zAlternator to "Generic" and "apply", it doesn't allow the change. It switches again to "Zune (default)"... I So Wanna have another option other than using the crappy Zune software to sync. Thanks so much ;)
I had the same problem with my new Zune, you probably have the 2.5 firmware and use zAlternator ?
I used to, the thing is that zAlternator doesn't work with the 2.5 firmware, you have to DL zSuite (several hacks for Zune including a version of zAlternator which works with Zune 2.5)

For my part I have the same problem as some people here: all the albums are well tagged in my MM library but in my Zune there's always "Unknown album", and deleting & re-syncing all the songs doesn't fix the problem. Any idea ?
Thats odd because my Zune is updated (v2.5) but i can still use zAlternator just fine.

I also don't have any "Unknown" album in my Zune. Are you sure your tracks are properly tagged?

muzika

Post by muzika »

I used the Zalternator and everything seems to go smoothly.. It switches to generic wpd and is detected by mediamonkey

but when I try syncing songs to my zune it shows the songs syncing at the bottom of mediamonkey, yet when I check the zune the music is not their. Also when I try and delete something from the zune, again nothing happens.

HELP please!:o I've got so many media players installed just for syncing devices.. hoping I could at least knock the zune off the list.