freedb support for mp3 albums

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

muxa

freedb support for mp3 albums

Post by muxa »

Hi there,

It's a great music database software you've developed! The best among i saw. Contratulations!
I'm a developer myself and want to suggest a feature with other users might appreciate - freedb support for mp3 albums
I started to develop a similar music db program some time ago, but then I've lost most of my code, so i've decided to stop the project.
I had such feature for finding mp3 album info on freedb and it worked sutisfactory.

Here's how it worked:
1. Send selected mp3s (of a folder) to queue - sorted by track number.
2. Calculate diskid
- this one was a bit tricky, but i got a recognizable diskid at the end
3. Check diskid on freedb
4. Store song info

If you want i can e-mail you the code i had for calculating diskid for mp3s.

Note: Some CDs don't have any pause between track. Most of the CDs have a 2 sec pause. And this matters for diskid calculation.
So this can we either asked from the user in step 1,
or it can be done automatically: calculate 2 diskids (with pauses and without), check both and present all results to choose the right one.

Hope you can implement this feature in future versions of Song-DB.

Best regards,

Mikhail Diatchenko
mikhail@clc.co.nz
jiri

Post by jiri »

Discussed by e-mail...

Jiri
muxa

e-mail bounced back

Post by muxa »

Hi Jiri,

I've been trying to send you the code (+ sample program) but it was returning as undeliverable.
Any alternative e-mail addresses?

Mike
jiri

Post by jiri »

Solved by e-mail, again.
felixdgr81

Script

Post by felixdgr81 »

What is the status on this script?

Can I get a copy?
jiri

Post by jiri »

This hasn't been implemented into MM yet. The code for this exists, it's just necessary to prepare some UI for this. However, this solution is quite limited in what set of tracks are properly recognizes and thus we would prefer to include a bit better solution (if possible).

Jiri
realish2

auto-tagging feature

Post by realish2 »

There's a program called "Tag and Rename" here:

http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

It is brilliant -- you can look up and add tag info in one step, using either freedb or allmusic.com.

If MM could integrate this same functionality -- or some close approximation -- it would be, in my mind, the ultimate music app.

Right now, the lack of this functionality is the only thing stopping me from moving exclusively to MM.