Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yeah, put "<*>" at the end of your mask. After the first image the rest will be postfixed with "_2", "_3", etc.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Queseuq

Post by Queseuq »

Great, thanks Trix. Sorry for badgering you about two scripts at once :oops:
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

No worries! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Sorry, don't use the script often and haven't actually kept up with it's developement, so this might have been covered before.

One thing that always irritated me about this script is with it's Extract & Resize function. You can set the pixel settings and whatnot, but they are absolute. Something I always thought was missing (I grabbed the script again the other day and didn't see that it had been implemented) is an option to "Keep Aspect Ratio," I messed up bad a long time ago when I extracted some art into my folders because I had it set to 200x200 and it murdered some of the Aspect Ratios. (Especially the few tracks I got that come from a DVD)

Would something like this even be possible? Just threw the idea out there.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'll look into doing this in the next version.
RevolvingImages

Post by RevolvingImages »

Hi trixmoto - thanks for the awesome script! What does the "Add tags at the beginning" option do? I couldn't find any documentation on that feature. Thanks.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Previously this script added new images to the end of your current image list. This option means that any new images are added at the beginning of the list, and will therefore be the default image.
RevolvingImages

Post by RevolvingImages »

Awesome, thank you!
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

(originally posted in batch art finder)

Ok, I know this belongs in Album Art Tagger and I'll put it there too.

I can take the .jpg file from Batch Art Finder and use Album Art Tagger to put them into tags for my flac files. It appears to work - I go to properties for a file and it is "in there".

But if I switch to another album and then back to the album I just 'tagged' the album art is GONE from the properties.

Again, doing it one by one using mediamonkey works, but neither of these scripts (batch art finder or album art tagger) do it for me - at least not 'for real' and sticky.

Any help?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Have you tried synchronising the tracks after running the script?
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Album Art Tagger also has trouble deleting artwork from flac files.

I was trying to make both it and BAF work with flac, and ended up with a proper tag (using Mediamonkey) saying cover art.

I have another tag (put in by AAT) that says not defined and is a link to the artwork I managed to get with BAF and is now in the album folder.

I tell AAT to delete all but first artwork, and it "does". But once I do an add/rescan - it's all back again.

Hope this helps find the flac issues for both of these great scripts.

EDIT - Hmmm does the link come back because the artwork is in the album directory?
dreadlyone

Post by dreadlyone »

Under

Options -> Library ->

Try disabling "Scan track directories for Album Art"

Then do an Add/Rescan and see if the adding of Album Art behaves the same. I think this might solve your problem.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

dreadlyone wrote:Under

Options -> Library ->

Try disabling "Scan track directories for Album Art"

Then do an Add/Rescan and see if the adding of Album Art behaves the same. I think this might solve your problem.
Good catch. I thought I'd set everything up the way I wanted, but I missed that one. --- Looks like my "EDIT" was correct, I just didn't see the option.

AAT (but moreso BAF) still have trouble with FLAC files, but this will fix quite a bit of the problem when I have BAF drop artwork into the folder (which makes it easier for AAT to work - even for FLAC). Now I have to go play with them again, because indeed this will change quite a bit of the problem scenario. I'll probably "report back" in the BAF thread, because this makes AAT work just about the way I want it to now.

EDIT - Well, not quite - but the long message is in the BAF thread.
Torontokev

FYI

Post by Torontokev »

Hey there... the ALBUM ART TAGGER is brilliant once i figured out how to do it, it will make music in XP Media Centre so much better because it will auto generate the folder.jpg 's

THANK YOU!

just FYI.

i tried updating from tag to mask- i messed up the mask tagging -- i just put "folder" in the box and it crashed monkeymedia every time.

it took me a while to get it back to RESET to the original

<path>\<artist> - <album>

then i figured out i needed to change to

<path>\folder

--- but even after uninstall / reinstall etc it didn't restore the ask, you might want a RESTORE DEFAULTs button... because i kept crashing media manager.
markessa

Post by markessa »

Is there a way to add the art from album tracks with art tags to tracks in the same album that do not have any art tags currently?