Lost iphone sync playlists, please help! :(

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

judas

Lost iphone sync playlists, please help! :(

Post by judas »

Hi, a terrible thing happened to me last night: I was making playlists to sync my iphone, didi it for a few hours. Then I synced those PL with iphone, no problem so far all transferred perfectly. After that I decided to "Maintain the Database", and here is where all the problems happened.

Before completing the mantain DB process MM froze, so I had to force quit it. Then, when I opened it back again, all the playlists that I'd created were gone.

I have all this playlists with all the files on my iPhone now, and a backup of them in .m3u format on my HD. Is there a way to sync the iphone PL TO MM?

When I hit sync device in MM it tells me theres a lot of files (and Pls) that aren't on the device sync list and asks me if I want to delete them.

Any ideas? Please? :-(

I don't know if either these one or the device sync. forum or even the beta testing one is the correct one to post these. please feel free to move it if you think it doesn't belong here.
Cheers, judas
judas

Post by judas »

Well, it looks I'm not gonna be lucky this time...please let me know if you think of something!

Thanks,
Cheers, judas
pushpull

start here

Post by pushpull »

Well, the one thing you can try is to turn the m3u playlists into txt files. From there you might be able to get them into MM either by copy and paste or there might be some script out there to accomplish this. I often tell people that know nothing about computers that the most powerful thing they should know about them is copy and paste. The other thing is a simple txt file. I have resorted to both of these enumerable times with much success.This is where I would start. Hope you have some success with it.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Why can't you just re-import your m3u playlists to the MM library?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
judas

Post by judas »

@Pushpull

Thanks for replying! I will try to search a script that can import a text file and match it to the files on my library.

@nohitter151

I haven't tried...the problem is that the m3u playlists are a backup taken from the iphone, so they're links to the ipod files instead of the computer files...would it work anyway?
Cheers, judas
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

judas wrote:@Pushpull

Thanks for replying! I will try to search a script that can import a text file and match it to the files on my library.

@nohitter151

I haven't tried...the problem is that the m3u playlists are a backup taken from the iphone, so they're links to the ipod files instead of the computer files...would it work anyway?
Ah, no it wouldn't. I assumed the m3us were copies of the playlists from the computer.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.