BPM

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

jiri

Post by jiri »

What exactly do you mean, is it that only integer part of BPM is shown in MM when a real number is in ID3 tag?

Jiri

Post by Guest »

jiri wrote:What exactly do you mean, is it that only integer part of BPM is shown in MM when a real number is in ID3 tag?

Jiri
only bpm's over 100 show up. similar to the previous posters problem.
jiri

Post by jiri »

If you have a mp3 file that you are sure has a BPM filled in and MM doesn't read it correctly, please e-mail it to me and I'll see.

Jiri

Post by Guest »

itunes does it wrong but at least shows the BPM. they should round up/down the numbers instead of using the integer function.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Ok, but please e-mail me one of the tracks so that I can see what exactly is written in ID3 tag and what MM doesn't read.

Btw, it isn't bug in MM, ID3v2 specification says about BPM frame the following:
The 'BPM' frame contains the number of beats per minute in the main part of the audio. The BPM is an integer and represented as a numerical string.
I.e. no decimal places are allowed by the specification. Anyway, we try to make MM able to read even things that aren't exactly according to specs.

Jiri

Post by Guest »

ok check you email. please do not let itunes and the evil ipod win.
Bex

Post by Bex »

My MM (2.3 beta 2 ) has no problem to read two digit PBM values.

However, I really would like MM to store and display the decimals aswell. I think it is valuable information that you lose buy not doing it. Maybe the BPM field should be configurable to show decimals or not. But since decimals of the BPM values are given by various applications MM should store those. And, if possible, store them in the ID3 tag.

Cheers

Post by Guest »

Bex wrote:My MM (2.3 beta 2 ) has no problem to read two digit PBM values.

However, I really would like MM to store and display the decimals aswell. I think it is valuable information that you lose buy not doing it. Maybe the BPM field should be configurable to show decimals or not. But since decimals of the BPM values are given by various applications MM should store those. And, if possible, store them in the ID3 tag.

Cheers
mixmeister stores it into the id3tag.

the decimals aren't a big issue, rounding, instead of integer is.
jiri

Post by jiri »

I tried the file in MM 2.3 beta and there was no problem in showing the BPM value. You can try this MM version from our beta forum.

As for rounding of floats to integers, it will be implemented in the next release. (I.e. floating point values will be rounded to the nearest integer value).

Jiri

Post by Guest »

i tried the beta last night and it did work great. much better than 2.2

.49 and lower should be rounded down
.5 and higher rounded up

thanks for the support. itunes sux!
Gorn

Post by Gorn »

i am just a bit confused about this bpm issue, can someone make clear if this is the best way to show the exact bpm in mediamonkey:

1. scan certain mp3 with mixmeister, will scan exact e.g. "133,56"
2. scan these mp3 afterwards with mediamonkey 2.3 (2.2 cant do it?), will round up or down e.g. "133,56" -> "134".

i added "bpm" as a custom field to mediamonkey 2.2xx. maybe this was a mistake, i havent seen it already in there as a field - was it?

now that i use mediamonkey 2.3xx - can i delete this custom field, because it is implemented and use this instead?

thanks, hope you understand what im trying to say... :)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You could delete it with a script. Check out the scripts and components forum for ideas and help.
Gorn

Post by Gorn »

i sucessfully used mixmeister on my mp3 but when i rescanned them to my library it overwrote my entries in the "genre" field and
declared them as "unknown genre" :(. the bpm were filled in correctly... i used MM V2.3.1.832