Info about Glided - Discussion

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

so far the only place we can change the rating star is on the player views. all other places will use the default star and bomb. :(
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

No, the background highlight color needs to be changed, not the stars. On the Zune skin, for example, it's very easy to tell which rating you've got set.

MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

that is the item called sel.png or sel.bmp it is just an image that needs changed to a higher contrast. that should be easy to do but it depends on how much morten wants to change it and how much time he has.
:-? 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
LikeMM

Adding custom tags alongside song/artist/album

Post by LikeMM »

Hi,

I would like to add Custom tags to the Player background field where the song title/album/artist tags are shown. I am trying to add to these on the right side where there is a lot of empty space. Somehow these are not showing up whatever number I give to the x & y (Pos) variables.

Here is what I tried.

[Custom7]
Type=Text
Transperent=1
Resizable=1,1,1,0
Pos=400,56
Size=175,20
Transperent=1
TextMask=%U
FontColor=000000
FontHeight=-14
VistaFontName=Calibri
LockRightDistance=-5
LockRightObject=Visualization

Could anyone please help?

thanks
phanmo

Post by phanmo »

First of all... Kudos!!!
The only thing that bugs me is that I can't have transparency on my taskbar if I want to use the microplayer (and I do). Any chances of a fix? I'm a big fan of the glass effect in Vista.
The other thing I'd like to have is a dockable equalizer.
Cheers!!!!
Morten

Post by Morten »

This is coding work, and I can't do anything about it. Petr has to do.
Best regards,
Morten
phanmo

Post by phanmo »

No worries!!! I know there are a lot of compatibility issues with transparency in the taskbar. Apparently all the HP toolbars make you lose it as well.
Thanks for the quick reply!
Morten

Post by Morten »

Even iTunes ruins the transparency. :)
Best regards,
Morten
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Nice skin.

But like others, I really miss the Stop button next to the other controls.

This way it is done in this picture looks good.

Oh yes. And an Auto-DJ button would be good. :)
Morten (not logged in)

Post by Morten (not logged in) »

Thing is that I've tried implementing the stop-button that way, but it just doesn't work. I think the current implementation is the best one.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Morten (not logged in) wrote:Thing is that I've tried implementing the stop-button that way, but it just doesn't work. I think the current implementation is the best one.
That is a shame.

A stop button beside (or close to) the other play controls is essential for me. :roll:
68rustang

Post by 68rustang »

Can we get a version of "Gilded" with everything the same as it is now but instead of orange have the same blue as the buttons/bars/etc as the WMP11 skins?

Second question is there a way to get something like the bouncing volume and EQ to display in other skins?
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

68rustang wrote:Can we get a version of "Gilded" with everything the same as it is now but instead of orange have the same blue as the buttons/bars/etc as the WMP11 skins?

Second question is there a way to get something like the bouncing volume and EQ to display in other skins?
Changing colors is not a big deal. You could change it yourself. Look at the wiki under MM3 skinning. If you have any question PM me I'll give you some answers if I can.

As for the visualization, many other skins feature the same sort of thing. Zune and Eclipse come to mind. But maybe you want the EXACT same display???

Victor.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

rovingcowboy wrote:that is the item called sel.png or sel.bmp it is just an image that needs changed to a higher contrast.
What??? Are you sure? I mean I don't doubt you're right but it doesn't seem to change anything for me... Moreover the sel.png file has no gradient going on. So how does it go from plain color to gradient??

Victor.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

magicalpig wrote:
rovingcowboy wrote:that is the item called sel.png or sel.bmp it is just an image that needs changed to a higher contrast.
What??? Are you sure? I mean I don't doubt you're right but it doesn't seem to change anything for me... Moreover the sel.png file has no gradient going on. So how does it go from plain color to gradient??

Victor.
those images need to be included in the theme mskn file and just in the mskn file as i have them in both places and they work.

how to go from plain to gradient? photo shop. 8)

the image is the gradient one and the plan color is the select highlight color.
8)

i tell you what go get my skin called jade monkey and unzip it and look at all the images added in to it with the theme engine.
you will see there are images added to just about every text area that is because those images are used to cover the plain color of the text area on that skin. you should not see any plan color areas or very few in that skin.
you will also see where and what does not preview in that control preview of the theme engine. most the text lines don't show up there.

but just check that skin out you will see where to place the images to make them change. most my skins have tons of things in them to check out and see what i did, because every time morten and petrcbr got some new feature in the skin, i tried to use it. most the time i got the code to do it from looking at mortens skin, when he added the new feature,

i got that long tail on the seek bar from nohitter151's skin i could not figure that one out sure was glad he did.

just keep in mind i most the time did not clean out old unused images. in the skins i let them in so other skinners could see what i did and did not use. 8)