Case & Leading Zero Fixer 1.4.2 (2008-04-15)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

NLS

Post by NLS »

second thread, second thanks
---
NLS
DasKraut

Post by DasKraut »

I've been trying to run the script but it keeps hanging up on my system. I'm using the latest beta version of MM3 and running WinXp SR2. I've downloaded several times in case the d/l was corrupted; compared the files and they were the same. Tried installing with MM3 running and with it closed. Any suggestions?

Later....somehow I got it to run by closing MediaMonkey in all processes using task manager. Don't ask me why this worked but it did.
Last edited by DasKraut on Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bex

Post by Bex »

How many tracks do you process at the time? (Try not to do more than 50 otherwise it's a bit slow.)

When does it hang exactly?
Can you go in to the options?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
DasKraut

Post by DasKraut »

It was hanging in the installation process but I somehow got it to run as mentioned under "Later" in the message above. Thanks for replying though. <g>
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yeah, that has happened to me to! :lol:
Checking the task manager for multiple MediaMonkey.exe and close them solves the problem.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
DasKraut

Post by DasKraut »

BTW, I just processed 15000 tracks (changing the track numbers to add a leading zero) in about 1/2 hour :). I'm sure it would have been much slower if doing case checking but this is primarily why I originally searched for this script. I'll use the case checking on only a couple tracks at a time for my own sanity, lol.

Is there a way to add a phrase such as "AM Gold" so that it would be capitalized as I show it here? I can't just add "am" since that is also a valid word.

Post by Guest »

You have a batch tool in the options letting you fix all your leading zeros problems in one go. 15.000 would only have taken one minute or two...
DasKraut

Post by DasKraut »

I used the batch tool. The database updated in only a minute or two but updating the actual tags over a home network took the total processing time to about 30 mins.
DasKraut

Post by DasKraut »

Bex, you may have missed this question up above....Is there a way to add a phrase such as "AM Gold" so that it would be capitalized as I show it here? I can't just add "am" since that is also a valid word. If not, could you consider making this an option in the future? Thanks for a nice product!
Bex

Post by Bex »

Currently it's not possible but I guess I could make it so. I'll put it on my todo list. But it will take some time...

All My Scripts
Son of Spam

Post by Son of Spam »

Hi Bex:

I copied and pasted the script into a new Text file and saved it as .vbs into the Auto folder.

But when I click on Tools ---> Scripts, I only see the original Case Checker script. Then when I open it up, I only see the original Case Checker screen.

I also don't see it in the Right-Click menu.

What am I doing wrong?

I have the latest version of MM2, by the way.
Beware The Lollipop Of Mediocrity:
Lick It Once, And You Suck Forever.
benzo8

Post by benzo8 »

I'm not Bex, but as I'm here, and pointed you at this script in the first place, I hope I'll do... :-)

If you cut 'n pasted the script from the beginning of this thread, you'll need to edit the script.ini file in your Scripts folder to make it show up in MM. Easier might be to download the Installer from http://home.online.no/~kar-m-kr/CaseMod ... 1.mmip.zip , which should do it all for you. Unzip that file, double-click on the .mmip file inside and it should install and integrate itself automatically.

(This link is also in the first message of this post from Bex, in case you're worried about downloading something random from the Internet.)
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Son of Spam wrote:Hi Bex:

I copied and pasted the script into a new Text file and saved it as .vbs into the Auto folder.

But when I click on Tools ---> Scripts, I only see the original Case Checker script. Then when I open it up, I only see the original Case Checker screen.

I also don't see it in the Right-Click menu.

What am I doing wrong?

I have the latest version of MM2, by the way.
Son of Spam:

I am not Bex either, but this script is for MM3 only.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
benzo8

Post by benzo8 »

D'oh! I didn't see that at all - sorry SoS... Looks like you'll need to upgrade in order to get more configurable Case Checking. My bad...
Son of Spam

Post by Son of Spam »

benzo8 wrote:D'oh! I didn't see that at all - sorry SoS... Looks like you'll need to upgrade in order to get more configurable Case Checking. My bad...
LMAO!

Actually, I was having that very suspicion throughout my travails.

Thanks, guys!

('Specially you, benzo for being so thorough!) :wink:
Beware The Lollipop Of Mediocrity:
Lick It Once, And You Suck Forever.