Case & Leading Zero Fixer 1.4.2 (2008-04-15)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

NLS

Post by NLS »

ok will try it now

of course the best way is still to make the script work with Greek alphabet like latin... (any help I can give of course I will give if requested)
---
NLS
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes, you could try to add Greek vowels to the piece of code below:

Code: Select all

vowels.pattern = "[AEIOUY" & ChrW(192) & "-" & ChrW(601) & "]"
Let us know how it goes!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
NLS

Post by NLS »

Although I come from a programmer background (back in the ancient years), I am not sure where I should add the vowel list in that code line... check the other thread (inconsistencies) and you see the whole Greek alphabet... vowels are those letters that also come in "punctuated" version.

So how would this line become?
---
NLS
NLS

Post by NLS »

vowels.ignoreCase = False alone, doesn't help

I probably need to edit the vowel list too?

I dunno.
---
NLS
Bex

Post by Bex »

NLS wrote:vowels.ignoreCase = False alone, doesn't help

I probably need to edit the vowel list too?

I dunno.
Did you restart MM?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
NLS

Post by NLS »

of course :D
---
NLS
Bex

Post by Bex »

Then I don't know... :cry:

It would be great if you could try to study the script and figure how to change the code so it works with Greek letters. I'm sure a lot of your fellow countrymen would appreciate it. :D
It's a very difficult task for me to accomplish... :oops:

All My Scripts
NLS

Post by NLS »

I will try. I was never good with other people's code.

I am not sure how would this line help me anyway since probably the program doesn't know if the word in question has vowels, consonants or whatever.

The one thing you could help really (since you have already worked with the script) is to make it ignore non-latin words (anything outside a-z, A-Z).

That would be preferable for now.
---
NLS
Bex

Post by Bex »

Actually, I haven't touched the part of the script which handles the logic of setting case. So I don't know how it works exactly...

All My Scripts
NLS

Post by NLS »

Oups... deadlock.

I will really try to look into it.
But help is (VERY VERY VERY) welcome at this point. :cry:
---
NLS
NLS

Post by NLS »

so anybody know what this line means?

isForeignPref.pattern = "^([dl]|dell)['`]"  ' handle l', d' and dell'
(seems there is some code that supposedly handles non-latin alphabet?)
---
NLS
Bex

Post by Bex »

I believe the solution lies in getting these rows to consider Greek letters, but I'm not sure:

alphaNum.pattern = "['`´A-Za-z0-9" & ChrW(192) & "-" & ChrW(65276) & "]"
vowels.pattern = "[AEIOUY" & ChrW(192) & "-" & ChrW(601) & "]"

All My Scripts
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

The more I think about this the less it seems possible with a relatively easy solution.

In the mean time I would hope that there would be a way to create 2 playlists 1 with greek letteres and one without
and run the script on the non greek list for now.

Unless you run a greek version of MM the functions Ucase() and Lcase() won't know what the lower and upper case versions are.

So running it in english the best we can hope for is to ignore greek letters which is what the playlists will do :(

If this is infact the correct UCase() for these then maybe there is some hope
αλεξίου, χάρις - δι' ευχών (live)

Now the program does this:

ΑΛΕΞΊΟΥ, ΧΆΡΙΣ - ΔΙ' ΕΥΧΏΝ (Live)

When it should do it like that:

Αλεξίου, Χάρις - Δι' Ευχών (Live)
(best case scenario)

or AT LEAST (worse case scenario) do it like that:

ΑΛΕΞΙΟΥ, ΧΑΡΙΣ - ΔΙ' ΕΥΧΩΝ (Live)
These look pretty damn close so.... but that maybe due to the forum limitations
ΑΛΕΞΊΟΥ, ΧΆΡΙΣ - ΔΙ' ΕΥΧΏΝ (Live)
ΑΛΕΞΙΟΥ, ΧΑΡΙΣ - ΔΙ' ΕΥΧΩΝ (Live)
NLS

Post by NLS »

MoDementia they are visually close but the first is really (very) wrong.

Notice the dot before the I in first word and before A in the second and after X in the last one. Those are punctuation marks - never used in capitals

(...then someone would ask, why Windows and UNICODE implements it... well there is a reason but out of the scope of this thread, except if you want me to tell you hehehe).

You think the "Greek" version of MM would treat Greek differently? I doubt.

To the point:

YES THIS IS THE CORRECT UCASE (sorry if I confused you before)

BUT

...in Greek you have to remove punctuation if you will write all caps!
(so for example Ύ = Y and Ϋ = Y after UCase)

BUT

...my whole point is to NOT UCASE the Greek words (if it not the choice of the user that is).

Since manipulating can be (a bit) complex, better ignore them.

I expect about the same for all other non-basic-latin alphabets (and wonder why this haven't come up before), so the best would be to define a string range of a-z and A-Z for manipulation and ignore everything else.
---
NLS
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes this seems to be a bit tricky. I'll try to take a look when I get the time..

All My Scripts