Tagging Inconsistencies 4.0.1 (2014-02-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Post by Bex »

NLS wrote:the whole Greek alphabet and punctuated letters? :)
Yes, but what is punctuated letters?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
NLS

Post by NLS »

Vowels are some times punctuated (we punctuate letters where a word is "stressed").

So you tell me to add to ignore list:

αβγδεζηθικλμνξοπρσςτυφχψω
άέήίόύώ
ϊϋ
ΐΰ
ΑΒΓΔΕΖΗΘΙΚΛΜΝΞΟΠΡΣΤΥΦΧΨΩ
ΆΈΉΊΌΎΏ
ΪΫ

...a bit big for the ignore list erm? :)
---
NLS
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes, you are supposed to add all characters to the list which you think a title can start with. But you don't have to think of the case. I.e just add the letters once. These are excluded by default by the script:

Code: Select all

A-Z0-9ÅÄÂÃÁÀÆËÊÉÈÏÎÍÌÖÔÕÓÒØÜÛÚÙßÝŸÇÐÑ
If you give me a nice list of Greek letters I can add them as an extra exclude option in the script! :D

That goes for other non Latin alphabets as well. e.g. Russian, Serbian, etc...
Peke, are you reading this?
Last edited by Bex on Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
NLS

Post by NLS »

Another thing (I am not sure if it fits this thread)...

In tagging inconsistencies I also saw that there are nodes that are different from their "children".

For example I have a genre node named "EXAMPLE" (this is an example not the actual genre) where it has two songs under it, both with genre "Example"... so shouldn't the node also be named "Example"? (sometimes this happens if there was an EXAMPLE genre, but was edited out.

So how do I fix the actual nodes?
---
NLS
NLS

Post by NLS »

Bex wrote:Yes, you are supposed to add all characters to the list which you think a title can start with. These are excluded by default by the script:

A-Z0-9ÅÄÂÃÁÀÆËÊÉÈÏÎÍÌÖÔÕÓÒØÜÛÚÙßÝŸÇÐÑ
If you give me a nice list of Greek letters and can add it as an extra exlude option to the script! :D

Peke, are you reading this?
I already gave you the list.
Please let me know if you need it "differently" somehow.
---
NLS
Bex

Post by Bex »

It would be nice with all upper cased in one big single line! :D

All My Scripts
NLS

Post by NLS »

I'll just give you the list above again but with explanations (so you can merge the lines you need at your will)...

αβγδεζηθικλμνξοπρσςτυφχψω (full alphabet)
άέήίόύώ (vowels only, punctuated)
ϊϋ (those two vowels can get a different punctuation)
ΐΰ (...and a different)
ΑΒΓΔΕΖΗΘΙΚΛΜΝΞΟΠΡΣΤΥΦΧΨΩ (full alphabet in caps)
ΆΈΉΊΌΎΏ (vowels, punctuated)
ΪΫ (those two as I said can get different punctuation)

Vowels, non punctuated:
αεηιουω
ΑΕΗΙΟΥΩ (caps)

Consonants:
βγδζθκλμνξπρσςτφχψ (note the extra twist that σ = ς, only happens in small letters and "ς" is only used in the end of the word... example: Άστα = assta phoneticaly... Νίκος = Neekoss phoneticaly)
ΒΓΔΖΘΚΛΜΝΞΠΡΣΤΦΧΨ (caps)

Complex? :D

(hope this can help us with the other script also...)
---
NLS
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes, this is indeed complex! :lol:

This script doesn't care about vowels/consonants at all so if I got this right, the list below is all upper cased Greek letter incl the punctuated ones?

ΑΒΓΔΕΖΗΘΙΚΛΜΝΞΟΠΡΣΤΥΦΧΨΩΆΈΉΊΌΎΏΪΫ

All My Scripts
NLS

Post by NLS »

yes
---
NLS
Bex

Post by Bex »

Good, then there will be an extra exclude option for these in the next update of the script. But for good practise. Can you please confirm that it works as intended if you add this list to the ignore list in the options?

All My Scripts
NLS

Post by NLS »

ok will try a bit later
---
NLS
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Bex wrote:If you give me a nice list of Greek letters I can add them as an extra exclude option in the script! :D

Serbian Latin:

ČĆĐŠŽ
Serbian Cyrillic:

AБВГДЂЕЖЗИЈКЛЉМНЊОПРСТЋУФХЦЧЏШ
Bex

Post by Bex »

NLS wrote:Another thing (I am not sure if it fits this thread)...

In tagging inconsistencies I also saw that there are nodes that are different from their "children".

For example I have a genre node named "EXAMPLE" (this is an example not the actual genre) where it has two songs under it, both with genre "Example"... so shouldn't the node also be named "Example"? (sometimes this happens if there was an EXAMPLE genre, but was edited out.

So how do I fix the actual nodes?
This is the tagging inconsistencies thread! :D

Well, this "Node vs Tracks Case Inconsistencies"-node just displays the inconsistencies. To fix it either change all tracks to the case in the node or vice versa. Then close and open the main node again.

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

ZvezdanD wrote:
Bex wrote:If you give me a nice list of Greek letters I can add them as an extra exclude option in the script! :D

Serbian Latin:

ČĆĐŠŽ
Serbian Cyrillic:

AБВГДЂЕЖЗИЈКЛЉМНЊОПРСТЋУФХЦЧЏШ
Great, it'll be included in the next update!
But is this valid for all Cyrillic languages?

All My Scripts
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Bex wrote:But is this valid for all Cyrillic languages?
No. Other Cyrillic languages have extra characters. If you don't have installed some Cyrillic font and if you really want, I could send you all Cyrillic characters copied from Character Map. But, I am just wondering, how would you enter Unicode characters into VB script.