Auto Rename difficulties

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

jaxjon

Auto Rename difficulties

Post by jaxjon »

Hi,
I found that when I use auto rename to change the filename format (if i change from one type of filename format to another) I have to go into file rename and change the format from the pull down menu and then click ok and let it change to the previously used format and then the next time I go to auto rename and the highlighted format will be the one I wanted to use in the first place (the one I changed to the first time around). This can be bothesome when you go from filing an album from 1 artist using <Artist> - <Album> - <Track#> - <Title>, then going to a multiple artist album using<Album> - <Track#> - <Title> - <Artist>.
I hope my explanation is intelligible. By the way I am using build 1.536.

Jaxjon 8)
jaxjon

Post by jaxjon »

I noticed a post from Tralla answered by Rusty, asking near the same question. I agree with the answer of leaving the last used format highlighted so you don't have to change it each time, but the answer told to use a delete and/or rework of the original format instead of using the dropdown menu to pick an already fully functional format, which would be a better solution.

Jaxjon
jaxjon

Post by jaxjon »

I just downloaded 1.538 and now when I do the above it gives me a error. An error occured during moving file D:\My Music\My Music Mp3\Delerium - Silence - 05 - Aria.mp3 to D:\My Music\My Music Mp3\Delerium - Silence - 05 - Aria.mp3 Do you want to try again? When I click yes nothing happens, when I click no or cancel the file is erased and the file in sdb is turned grey, when I scratch my head and wonder why this happeded it erases the file in less than a minute by itself, and it does not go to the recycle bin. I tried with two different files and the same outcome. Something has changed in going from 536 to 538. I will use debug and send log if you request.

Jaxjon :cry:
jaxjon

Post by jaxjon »

Update/more info,

I have gone back to 536 from 538 without deleting 538 first and same thing occurs, perhaps fully deleting 538 before going back will take me back to where I was previously, but I have not done so yet.

When I first try to change the format/mask using the drop down menu sdb asks File D:\My Music\My Music Mp3\"filename" already exists. Do you want to replace it? y - y to all - n - n to all.

If I click n or n to all everything is ok, y or y to all brings up the above error and all is lost.

This (if it is not just my computer malfunctioning and sdb is causing this), could erase a lot of files at once if a user is not aware and clicks y to all.

Jaxjon
rusty

Post by rusty »

Fixed in beta 5 - build 540