How to change to default value for process priority?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Aphex_Twin77

How to change to default value for process priority?

Post by Aphex_Twin77 »

I noticed recently every time I transfer files to my digital music player or between hard drives using MM3 that it has been much slower than usual. When I right click on the progress bar I get a menu which allows me to choose the priority of the process in a range from idle > highest.
Every time I transfer files now this priority level is set to low by default and that is what causes the transfers to be so slow. I have to always change it to "Highest" each time a start a new proces. Is it possible to change this default setting somewhere in the options so that i don't have to change it manually every time?

Thanks.

Post by Guest »

only to normal prioity.
look on the option panel for general options.
Aphex_Twin77

Post by Aphex_Twin77 »

Anonymous wrote:only to normal prioity.
A yeah, just found it.
Thanks. :wink:
Pity it can't be set to higher but maybe the developers are afraid that could make it unstable if you want to listen to music and run some tasks at the same time.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Aphex_Twin77 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:only to normal prioity.
A yeah, just found it.
Thanks. :wink:
Pity it can't be set to higher but maybe the developers are afraid that could make it unstable if you want to listen to music and run some tasks at the same time.
Yeah, don't forget this will be the priority for analyzing volume, importing tracks into the library, and auto-auto organizing, among other tasks. It would be easy to forget that you set the priority high, then run one of those tasks and wonder why MM is locking up the computer!
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.