BUG REPORT...Scanning Tracks to Library

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

jkarns

BUG REPORT...Scanning Tracks to Library

Post by jkarns »

I am trying to rescan my drive to add files to my library. I have done the following many time with no problem.
But, this time when I cleared the library, and then went to Add/Rescan Files to the Library, I got the following ERROR Message:

There was a problem querying the database:
HYOO:[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] No current record.

Cancel Retry Ignore

I am running XP Pro SP2, music is stored on External HD (18,500+ MP3s)

Have tried to remedy with the following actions, to no avail:

1.Deleted All Media Monkey Files...Reinstalled. Rebooted computer. No Good.
2.Decided it's been awhile anyway and it could use it...so, I completely wiped clean and reformated my Hard Drive
(I'm talking my main HD that runs my OS, not my external w/ the music)...
Reloaded MM...Still, same error message.

Everything else works fine...
Just cannot scan drive and add tracks to the library.
jiri

Post by jiri »

As I described in other thread, please generate a debug log of the action and e-mail it to me (see http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69). It would also help if you could include your database (usually "C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\My Music\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.mdb").

In order to correct it, it should be enough to remove the database from he location above, MM will install a new database there. Also, you can read the this link and check whether install of the latest MS Jet helps.

Let us know the results,
Jiri