Library does not update..even when deleted

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Neokruncher

Library does not update..even when deleted

Post by Neokruncher »

Using 2.2.2.781 Windows XP

Library update problems:
1) I retagged 100 files labelled as "unknown" genre manually. They didnt update
2) Tried same dragging to required genre. Didnt update
3) Whole genre that was deleted from hardrive in explorer still appears in library. Files cant play though, since they dont exist.
4) Add rescan changes nothing. Old deleted files still appear.
5) Clear library appears to not work at all.
6) manually deleted all the folders from the "location" tab. No effect.
7) Quit/restart/reboot/add rescan/manual delete in various combos has no effect
8) Individually delteing each file seems to get rid of them but "unknown genre" issue persists.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do you have write permissions to both the DB and songs?
Neokruncher

Post by Neokruncher »

Yes I have write permissions.
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

I am having similar issues. I removed some files, then moved updated files over to replace them. Now MM won't bring them back. I tried deleting from explorer and MM, but had the same results.

I am pointing my Virtual CD and watch directory in the same directory structure I store all my mp3s. I don't know if this would make a difference, but I did try point the Virtual CD and watch directory elsewhere and it didn't seem to make a difference.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Virtual CD folder is intended for cached tracks only, i.e. any standard tracks located there won't be scanned at all. Please make sure that Virtual CD folder really points elsewhere that the folder you are trying to scan, all should work fine then.

Jiri
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

That was the issue. I was just hoping that I wouldn't have to create yet another area for my mp3s. I guess I can rely on MM to create my mp3 discs. I have everything sorted by Genre, then Artist. I am used to just dragging a Genre folder to a CD-RW to create my mp3 discs.

I was just hoping I could continue to do this with the Virtual CD function. Maybe in a future release this configuration could be supported via a link table that would store the Virtual CD info. This table could be used as a "And Not In" query constraint when scanning and adding songs to the database.

Anyway, thanks for the help!