missing chars on song title

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

omarcr

missing chars on song title

Post by omarcr »

MM often doesn't get the complete song title (chars missing). i.e. It appears "Just an" but the real song title is "Just an Illusion". Demo Vers: 2.2.2.780
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Where and how doesn't MM get the full title?

From free DB?
Display in the player?
In the library?
When getting tags from filename?

Are there any special characters between the part you did get and the part you are missing?

What OS are you using?
Do you have problems with all songs, or some, and if some what is different between the problem ones and the good ones, or is there no difference?
Jeevz

Post by Jeevz »

I have the same problem, both in ver 2.2.2.780 and 2.3 beta 2.

Random tracks seem to be dropping characters from the end of track titles when adding tracks to the library using only v1 or v2 tags. Other media players read the tracks correctly. It's not stopping at X number of characters or when encountering a specific character.

I really like the software, but will be unwilling to continue using it if I have to go through over 11,000 tracks to ensure I'm getting the whole track title.
rusty

Problem scanning files

Post by rusty »

Jeeves, omarcr,

Is this reproducible with certain tracks?

If so, can you please send me 1-2 tracks that exhibit the problem you describe (support|at|mediamonkey|dot|com?

-Rusty
Jeevz

Post by Jeevz »

I just sent two examples to the address listed.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Thanks for the files, the problem will be fixed in the next release.

Jiri