Analyze volume, multiple threads

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Analyze volume, multiple threads

Post by Lowlander »

I had MM running into problems when I had 6 threads (instances) going to analyze volume. It kept giving can't encode file error messages in a fast manner. On later single thread analyis all files were analyzed correctly.

Maybe you can limit the amount of threads for a specific acticity that can exist concurrent. Additional threads could be added to the current (as appended to the end of the current thread) or enqueued as a independend thread to be started after current thread.

I ended this error messages with terminating the threads, which resulted in some threads to be terminated and some not after which the program crashed (Sorry forgot to save the debug log as I started the program again right after terminating it thru the task manager).

This actually leads to another bug. When MM freezes it creates a second instance of itself, often two entries show in the taskbar and there are two instances listed in the task manager. This is anoying, although it verifies the fact that MM crashed.