Problems With WinAmp

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

krik1

Problems With WinAmp

Post by krik1 »

I've been having a few problems with winamp while running MM. the first problem, i can't seem to winamp from the taskbar if i already have MM running. i would either have to write click on a song and have it play in winamp or i would have to close MM to get winamp to show.

the next problem i noticed is that if winamp is set on shuffle, if i right click on a song in MM and click play now it won't play, winamp will just play a random songs. is there anyways to fix this right now or do i have to wait for a new version of MM?
julzcompufreek

Post by julzcompufreek »

Hi krik1,

I'm not sure about your first problem, but i have a couple of answers to your second problem. Before i tell you the solutions, is there a reason why you need to have shuffle on? Because If you don't need to, you could just turn of shuffle. If you do for some reason, here is a solution.

By default, when you double click on a track is MM, it plays the song you have selected immediatly and enqueues the subsequent (tracks after the selected track) tracks. Now, because shuffle is enabled in winamp, it decides to play not the selected track, but any other one after the selected
song, as these are enqueued on the winamp playlist.

To stop this, you may either disable shuffle in winamp OR you can change what happens when you double click as track. To do this, you have to got to the options in MM (go to tools - options). Then click on the "player" node.

Now, under the player controls, there is something that says 'Play (track) Now' Plays: and gives you (in the drop down menu next to it) two options

1. Selected + Subsequent Tracks
2. Selected tracks only

By default, the first option is selected. Select option two and when you click on a track, it will play only that track, regardless wether shuffle is on or not.

Hope this helps,

Julian AKA Julzcompufreek
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

As said here: http://www.songs-db.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2533, that is the reason I use MM's internal player. MM's organization and Now Playing management is superior to winamp (or any other app I have seen) and adding winamp to the picture can lead to mishaps.
But then again I generally just have music playing in the background or I actually am managing my library.
krik1

Post by krik1 »

Ok thanks for the help, I keep shuffle on because if i didn't i would be listening to the same person for an hour or two, but i guess i could just randomize my playlists. :D as for my first problem i ment to say system tray, winamp will be in the system tray but if MM is running then i am not able to open the winamp window, usually by clicking on the system tray icon. i have to either close MM then open winamp or right click on a song to play in winamp. anyway to fix this?