Music Bridges and MMonkey

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

jcrane

Music Bridges and MMonkey

Post by jcrane »

I am interested in a low cost music bridge to serve MM streams to a stereo located at another area in my house. I understand Lynksis has a 99 bridge. Just learned of Roku's music bridge for 150.00. The Roku site mentions compatibility with MMJB but does not mention MM. Anyone out there with experience and/or ideas?
sunspot

They all suck

Post by sunspot »

Just get an AirPort Express and use the free Remote Speakers Output Plugin for MediaMonkey and Winamp. The AirPort is also compatible with iTunes (obviously), and if you ever replace it with some other device for music streaming you could still use it as a wireless print server or a portable wireless access point.

I had the Linksys gadget, by the way. It died after less than a year of use. Junk.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

fifty to sixty dollars at radio shack for a good fm transmitter
with an external power plug so you can plug it in to the cig.. lighter in the car. then also at radio shack twelve to thirty dollars get the wall ac adpter to plug the cig lighter plug in to the house wall. no battieres and it runs all the time works up to sixty feet in the house.

must have stereo desk top computer speakers with an headphone jack and volume control so you can use the fm transmitter. as it will need slight boost for power from speakers in order to work.

but thats a whole lot cheaper then buying that bridge stuff.
some place in the forum here i posted what transmitter and adpter to get. look in the audio broadcasting message of mine.
in the off topic forum or this news and other stuff room?

you that been here for a long while. yepper that is the same transmitter i still have it plugged in and working for some? 3 years now.? 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
wrobbins

Post by wrobbins »

I have used D-Link DSM-110BT for several years now. Just hook one end up to you computer sound output and the other end to your stereo. Works fine. The only problem that I have, if you want to call it that, is that I occasionally have to unplug the power cord and re-plug it to get it to re-set.
Wesley Robbins
sunspot

FM transmitter?

Post by sunspot »

rovingcowboy wrote:fifty to sixty dollars at radio shack for a good fm transmitter with an external power plug so you can plug it in to the cig.. lighter in the car. then also at radio shack twelve to thirty dollars get the wall ac adpter to plug the cig lighter plug in to the house wall. no battieres and it runs all the time works up to sixty feet in the house.
And you've now spent almost as much as you'd have spent on an AirPort Express to have crummy, lo-fi FM radio-quality audio pumped to your stereo, including every annoying screech, klaxon and fart noise Windows decides its gonna make while you're trying to listen to your music.

No thanks!

The AirPort Express is a much better solution.
rovingcowboy

Re: FM transmitter?

Post by rovingcowboy »

sunspot wrote:
rovingcowboy wrote:fifty to sixty dollars at radio shack for a good fm transmitter with an external power plug so you can plug it in to the cig.. lighter in the car. then also at radio shack twelve to thirty dollars get the wall ac adpter to plug the cig lighter plug in to the house wall. no battieres and it runs all the time works up to sixty feet in the house.
And you've now spent almost as much as you'd have spent on an AirPort Express to have crummy, lo-fi FM radio-quality audio pumped to your stereo, including every annoying screech, klaxon and fart noise Windows decides its gonna make while you're trying to listen to your music.

No thanks!

The AirPort Express is a much better solution.

so you leave the sounds turned on that m$ uses for default?
i turn them off.

only thing i hear is music and its good. but then i do have an old analog stereo system.

but if you have a new digital stereo system then you might get bad sound i feel for you. but i'm not giving you my analog system.

:lol:
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
jcrane

jcrane

Post by jcrane »

seem to have lost my last reply - new to forums and must figure out system.

did not mean to start a controversy on subject here.

by the way - I like the Monkey Fart for now and look forward to server the music beyond my PC and burned CDs so that someday I will get questions about the intersong pop. I will look forward to the look on their faces when I simply say that is a "Monkey Fart!"

will have to look into AirPort on the Web. Initial look into Roku was dissapointing in that they did not answer the phone and have not returned my voice mail.