Skin file location

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

bubsy54

Skin file location

Post by bubsy54 »

I downloaded a skin from this website, and it came as an mmip file. I opened the file and it installed fine and it works within MM

I want to edit the skin because the font size of the popup notification is way too big. My problem is that I cannot find where the skin is on my system. It is not located in the skin folder for MM. What I had done was download the skin, I opened up the file from within my downloads folder, installed the skin. I thought that the skin would be downloaded to a specific folder in the MM directory but i guess that is not the case

i tried searching the name of the skin in windows search, but all i see is the original installation file, mmip. i assume the skin file must be extracted as a different name. i uninstalled the skin, placed the mmip in the skins folder, installed it again, and still cannot find the skin file.

can anyone help me in finding where the skin is downloaded by default?

thanks
Lowlander

Re: Skin file location

Post by Lowlander »

Installed skins should be in the Skins folder. Could it have a different name then expected?
bubsy54

Post by bubsy54 »

The only files I see in my skin folder are:
commandbar.bmp
Default.mskn
InfoPopUp.ong
list.bmp
Metro M.msz
playing.bmp
Pulse.msz
tree.bmp
Vitreous.msz

In MM, I can see the skins for Metro M, Pulse,VItreous, G-Monkey_PS,and Helium gDark. The G-Monkey_PS and Helium gDark are the skins that I downloaded and installed but do not appear in the skins folder.
I placed the mmip file of the gDark skin in the skins folder and installed it, but there still is no file that is associated with that skin in the folder.

Thanks for any help
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Maybe you're looking at the wrong MediaMonkey installation? You seem to be missing all other skins as well and they should be there. You may want to do a a search *.MSZ on your whole PC.
bubsy54

Post by bubsy54 »

I don't have any other MM installation

and when i search for .msz, nothing comes up
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you include hidden files in search?
bubsy54

Post by bubsy54 »