Problems in Player.mskn

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Joe2

Problems in Player.mskn

Post by Joe2 »

Hello,

I try to change the Player of the Magneto Skin. I want to have a longer volume bar and so I changed the background image and I changed the player.ini. That was no problem.
But now I am searching for hours where my problem in the backgrund is coming from. I defined the frames as described in the Wiki but at the right edge of the left frame I now see a part of the left edge of the left frame:

If someone wants to have a look into the player.mskn:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9xlf2uv3y07q7p/player.mskn

It would be nice if someone could tell what I have to change to solve this problem.
Thank you,
Joe
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct Forum
ClintonCliff

Re: Problems in Player.mskn

Post by ClintonCliff »

Here's a revised player.mskn. Which shows correctly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b4kcp7s9ako3jwu/player.mskn

You can compare the position of the left, middle and right sections to see where it went wrong.

I did notice that you started the left most side of the middle section well before the volume 'groove track'. This would cause you to get weird results when the player was stretched to full screen width, etc.

Think of the left and right panels as being fixed size. The middle panel is what will stretch when you make the player wider.

If the volume bar isn't wide enough for you now, the only way to change that would be to alter the graphic layout of the image so that the left side of the volume bar groove started further over to the left. That would also mean changing the size/position of the buttons, and other items on the left panel. And of course, to do that you'd need the PSD/Graphic source file that the skin author used to create his skin or you'd have to design your own player graphic (including all the elements like buttons, etc.) and start from scratch.

Hope this helps.
Joe2

Post by Joe2 »

Hello ClintonCliff,

thanks for your job but I do not find the difference. I compared the frames (my error must be there I think) but found no difference. Can you please tell me where you made the changings?

I already changed the original picture and made the volume bar wider to the right side and made the other two objects in the middle shorter. My only problem is to change the player.mnsk. Changing pictures and the player.ini is no problem.

Thanks,
Joe
Joe2

Post by Joe2 »

I first just had a look into the the themeEditor and there it looks good but if I use the theme in mm it does not look good. The middle frame does not "stretch". The original them also does not really stretch, I think there are tiles. The middle frame is set to tsTile but I do not get tiles.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Joe 2
you can try to set the "Tile style" to stretch,
and "MarginLeft" to 145 and "MarginRight" to 25,
This will fix left and right side and stretch the volume bar.

if i remember right :wink:
Joe2

Post by Joe2 »

Thank you for your answer. I will test that.
But it did work with TsTile in the original theme and so it should work in my theme as well. At least I want to understand it. Perhaps I will change more...
Joe2

Post by Joe2 »

The last idea did not help, I do not see any changings with these values.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Believe me it works , :wink:
should look like this:
Joe2

Post by Joe2 »

Hello DreadM,

I did not know that you speak about my version, I thought you speak about the version from ClintonCliff.
If I take my version and change the values you told me it looks good in the ThemeEditor but not on MM. The starting point of the lower line (don't know its name) is moved to the right side.
Joe2

Post by Joe2 »

Does nobody have an idea what I have to change?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

what are you doing?

it looks very simple when you know what you do, but in newbie world it is very hard.

what it looks like you did was try and change the size of the player and you removed one or more of the sections of the player.
there should be a left a center and a right section you can change the size of them to anywidth you want if you are just using the same height.
but you do not just use the whole background image in the one section.

you pick the background image in the first part of the player settings then you will go back and pick the part of the background image that goes in to each of the 3 sections, you have to use the cross hair guide to adjust the different sections on the image of the background. the numbers have to match in the code section dreadm posted in his screen shot. doing this 3 section thing is how the player is allowed to stretch.

when you adjust the cross hair targets make sure you remember the numbers they are at so you can write them in the section of the code.
the computer uses those numbers to know where to start and end each section it only uses the background image you make as a map for it to use in what the player looks like. you will also need to make sure the buttons are in the exact pixel locations for them to work proper and look good.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Joe2

Post by Joe2 »

Thank you for your answer.
I now think that problem number 1 is my english. I did not understand everything you wrote.
Problem number 2 is the meaning of 'margin left' and 'margin right'. I think that these two values are not ok.

In the ThemEditor everything looks fine now but in MM it doesn't.

EDIT:
I just changed the width of left area of an existing player background. The original theme does not have any value for margin left and margin right. I thought that I just have to change the values for 'width' and 'left' for the left and the middle frame. But it does not work.
imagehopper

Post by imagehopper »

Tell them what your native language is maybe one of them can tell you in you're own language.
Joe2

Post by Joe2 »

My native language is German. I will enter the location in my profile.