I have made a MM minplayer

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Morten

Post by Morten »

@thoberost;

Thanks for your kind words. I am about to release the player-skin when the issues for this skin has been sorted out. It will not be fixed by alpha 3 (which is due most likely tomorrow), but I will continue to have a good communication with the developers on how to get these new skins to work.

I am also working on a WMP11 and iTunes skin. This is mostly because I know I'm good making player-skins and because these skins will appeal to many of the "standard"-users. They are also great from a learning-perspective, whereas they are great for templates on how to make good-looking and functional players. I mean, iTunes and WMP has I'm sure tens of professional designers, so they know their thing.

However, I like to make completely my own skins also. Codename "Glided" will maybe get released with MM3 final and it's the one featuring the orange orb. I will not release it before it's finished though, and a lot of my resources now is going to code the WMP11 (mainly) and the iTunes (secondly) skin to set the standards of what should be possible with the new skinning engine. With learning from making look-a-likes, I think that the finished "Glided" will be better than my WMP11 and iTunes in a functional/MM3-related perspective, and maybe also it will appeal to end-users just as the main-user skins do.

To finish it off, I would like to say that I hope that many of you with ideas/skills about design should make your contribute in either way and help getting MM3 the best visual experience of your well-sorted and tagged music.

Regards,
Morten