Req: iTunes 11 skin

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Undertone

Req: iTunes 11 skin

Post by Undertone »

I don't know if this is the right place to talk about this. I would love to have the itunes 11 skin for MM. Its incredibly beautiful, in my opinion. But, being aware of the weakness of MM's GUI,that's where it would cause a problem, correct me if I'm wrong.

Although would you think its possible? I'm mentioning this because foobar 2000 is working on the skin which really looks similar!

Here's the link :

http://br3tt.deviantart.com/art/e11even ... -328255905
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split from wrong topic
rovingcowboy

Re: Req: iTunes 11 skin

Post by rovingcowboy »

Not sure if it is or not i dont use itunes and i dont know if it is an areo skin or older style? Did you check the skins for mm3 on the wiki skin page there were some itunes skins there.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Hi Speakerzmoon

Well theme and player is more or less no problem ,
it can look like this:

but if you ask for the very nice new Albumview from iT 11, thats simple not possible with the current Skinning engine from MM.
also the cool new miniplayer ,is not possible.
maybe you have to address your wish to the MediaMonkey Wishlist / Devs,
but i think they have enough to do at the moment with Android and Win8 stuff .
Undertone

Post by Undertone »

Hi dreadM! Very nice job as usual :D One of my favorite skins for MM is your Vision skin I never changed it ever since! You're very talented!

Thanks for your effort on posting this. I also figured that the new itunes Albumview was not possible because of the engine..thats really too bad :roll:

I've talked some months back with a developer of MM through their support website (mainly for a debug log purpose) and he told me that the engine will hopefully change in

Mediamonkey 5.

I think till now all we can do is wait for that to happen..as u said they still have a lot of work to do..especially many bugs to fix :-?

Thanks again for posting this I appreciate it :)

Cheers!
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Speakerzmoon wrote:Thanks for your effort on posting this. I also figured that the new itunes Albumview was not possible because of the engine..thats really too bad
yes to sad ,but what you think about this:
not exactly the same , but a nice imitation with a MonkeyRok skin. :wink:
Undertone

Post by Undertone »

Hi DreadM! sorry for the late reply! The monkeyRok skin looks amazing! If its not too much effort for you, I would love to have this monkeyrok!

Thanks so much DreadM :D :D :D
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

at the moment i work on a tab version , looks more close to IT11
Looks like this:
soon they are finish i upload them,
i also overwork the iMonkey skin (player) to look more like iT11,
I'm just not sure if should update the hole iMonkey skin.
heartofhate

Post by heartofhate »

maybe you can release this fine piece of work as an alternative to the itunes skins (if i remember right those were also mady by you).
just a suggestion...
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Here is a small preview of the IMonkey 2.0 Skin
I think the new players match the iTunes 11 style,
also the new Pop Up Info :wink:
Undertone

Post by Undertone »

:o

Simply amazing..can't wait to have this..thank you soo much DreadM!

Just to make sure, the background colour of iMonkey will be matching the album art's colour, right?

Have you decided when will this new version be released approximately? :D

Thx again!
Last edited by Undertone on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Speakerzmoon wrote:Just to make sure, the background colour of iMonkey will be matching the album art's cover colour, right?
No ,still not possible for us skinners to do something like this ,
Theme use old iMonkey skin with some minor bugfix and changes, new players and new InfoPopUp.
maybe something similar is possible via scripting , but I'm not sure.
Speakerzmoon wrote:Have you decided when will this new version be released approximately?
I want to wait for the new MonkeyRok version!
tirim4

Post by tirim4 »

I know it is probably not on your roadmap seing as I think it would rerquire a lot of work, but a dark version of this skin would be sweet.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

@tirim4:
Can't promise anything , but what you have in mind ?
Complete dark players and theme , or just dark players withe a light theme?
do you have any example?

btw:
I upload overworked / updated iMonkey Skin
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Always great to have choices of skins to use, but dont see any of them big enough or bold enough to jump up and down and scream about, just most are on the boring side of my likes.

But as always you did a good job on your creation of the skin dreadm. 8)

I just want colors and different items on the skins as you well know.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
tirim4

Post by tirim4 »

DreadM wrote:Greetings

@tirim4:
Can't promise anything , but what you have in mind ?
Complete dark players and theme , or just dark players withe a light theme?
do you have any example?
This is somewhat like what I imagine a dark version would look like: http://browse.deviantart.com/#/d2ryzot. It doesn't have to be quite as black but generally I prefer dark skins (currently using your dark version of G-Monkey, a great example of a dark version of a light original).