Finding skins is a hassle

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

windcrest77

Finding skins is a hassle

Post by windcrest77 »

Is there a way to see samples of all available skins and download them without having to literally spend hours combing through this forum? Like all of them on one giant web page?
Eyal

Re: Finding skins is a hassle

Post by Eyal »

windcrest77 wrote:Is there a way to see samples of all available skins and download them without having to literally spend hours combing through this forum? Like all of them on one giant web page?
Yes, the old MediaMonkey Wiki Skins Page is exactly what you need:
--> http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... and_higher

:~)
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
windcrest77

Post by windcrest77 »

Eyal wrote:
windcrest77 wrote:Is there a way to see samples of all available skins and download them without having to literally spend hours combing through this forum? Like all of them on one giant web page?
Yes, the old MediaMonkey Wiki Skins Page is exactly what you need:
--> http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... and_higher

:~)

Thanks, I picked Gonzo Songbird. I really like vitreous too, but I need the song position slider to have a lot of contrast. There are many things I prefer about vitreous over songbird, but seeing the position slider has to be a priority.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

try one of my theme skins you'll see the thumb seek bar fast in most of those since i use un normal images on most of them, just watch for what moves in a line across the player when a song is playing or turn on your tips option it will show you by text in word balloon when you mouse over the item on the player.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
windcrest77

Post by windcrest77 »

rovingcowboy wrote:try one of my theme skins you'll see the thumb seek bar fast in most of those since i use un normal images on most of them, just watch for what moves in a line across the player when a song is playing or turn on your tips option it will show you by text in word balloon when you mouse over the item on the player.
8)
OK I'll try that. Now that MM4 can do video, I'm using MM for dance lesson videos and need to click the position bar over and over to replay a section in lessons. I wish SOMEBODY would make a skin that dynamically placed "tick marks" above the position slider maybe every eighth inch where each tick represents whatever time interval an eighth inch comes out to be based on the media duration, simple linear division. Then people could use those tick marks to kind of remember where they need to click back to when they are using the position slider a lot.

Also in DJ work I need to be able to see that slider many times from over 10 feet away to time my work, I like it to be nice and big and "in your face". Maybe SOMEBODY will one day make a suitable skin for DJ's who do real work, not home users. To date I have not seen a MM skin suitable for DJ's, something that has the main features they need without all the emphasis on the art and "creative" graphic design with gradients and colors that took a month to perfect, etc. Something that has a real constantly-updated actual-time-of-day column in the playlist, that shows time played and time remaining per song both as duration and actual time of day it will be when the song ends, in nice BIG numbers, etc. High contrast but not gaudy, something that does not by default even use the art pane, and in fact does not even access art files, etc. A real working (single deck) DJ skin (as I know MM cannot yet support dual sound cards). A skin where all the settings, transport controls, durations, etc. are nice and BIG and the main functions have big click targets and across the room visibility.

Sounds like a good skin project for you rovingcowboy, MM really has no "highly-efficient-functional" DJ skin yet.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

windcrest77 wrote: MM really has no "highly-efficient-functional" DJ skin yet.
maybe something like this ?

I think the markers on seekbar will just work with a fix size seekbar,
Player based on Emulator DJ skin
windcrest77

Post by windcrest77 »

DreadM wrote:

Wow now this is starting to look like a DJ rig...

Absolutely, this transport control is on the right track design-wise for a DJ, I would make the slider full width with tick marks. Ideally the counter should show total time, time elpased, time remaining AND the actual time of day the song will be ending (calculated from the system clock). The BIG click targets are great and very refreshing to see, like the big song title too, like the conrast, outlining of click targets, simple functional use of colors to actually mean sometning instead of just themed. It looks like well laid out piece of hardware a DJ would use. Nice, great work!!!
windcrest77

Post by windcrest77 »

DreadM wrote:

I went to your page here but could not find this skin. I this a work in progress?

http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... %27s_Skins
Butterz

Post by Butterz »

Hi just found this site. Was wondering if anyone knows of any good purple skins? I haven't been able to find any purple ones(little surprised by this)

Thanks for any tips
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Butterz wrote:Hi just found this site. Was wondering if anyone knows of any good purple skins? I haven't been able to find any purple ones(little surprised by this)

Thanks for any tips

no not any purple that i know of. lots of blue. some dark some light but purple? no, you will have to learn how to make skins for mediamonkey and make one post it for others to download will all get another skin to use that way.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

windcrest77 wrote:
DreadM wrote:

I went to your page here but could not find this skin. I this a work in progress?

http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... %27s_Skins
DreadM can correct me, but I think this skin is a work in progress.
--
The gpzbc