Is there a MM4 skin with a micro-player like this?

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

DJSigma

Is there a MM4 skin with a micro-player like this?

Post by DJSigma »

It would be cool if there was a skin that had a micro-player that had an "invisible" background. What I mean is, the player background would match the aero theme of the Windows taskbar so it would look like the actual player controls are built into the taskbar itself, rather than it looking like there's a rectangle embedded into your taskbar with some buttons on it.

Does anything like that exist? Is it even possible?

Also, is there anywhere I can view a list of all of the MM4 skins?

Thanks!
rovingcowboy

Re: Is there a MM4 skin with a micro-player like this?

Post by rovingcowboy »

there are not many mm 4 skins yet. and i think all are in same place the new download page for skins.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DJSigma

Post by DJSigma »

rovingcowboy wrote:and i think all are in same place the new download page for skins.
Do you mean here?.......

http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... nce/skins/

Or is there another page that lists them? Cos that page definitely doesn't list all of the available skins.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

DJSigma wrote:
Or is there another page that lists them? Cos that page definitely doesn't list all of the available skins.
The skin creator is responsible for putting them up on the MM addons page.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

until mm 4 was released the skin page was taking you to their wiki skin page which is where the mm 3 skins are listed.
mm 4 still has trouble on my computer so i did not update my skins only the one for dj coco marantz to the mm 4 but i still have trouble with all mm 3 skins that are used or converted for mm 4. so i'm not converting mine, you can go to their wiki skin page and find the links to download my mm skins. and others.

or just go to this link.

http://cid-8b319736112de14f.skydrive.li ... px/.Public

screen shots are at my site or on the mm wiki skin site, or at peke's happy monkey skin site.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

DJSigma wrote:It would be cool if there was a skin that had a micro-player that had an "invisible" background. What I mean is, the player background would match the aero theme of the Windows taskbar so it would look like the actual player controls are built into the taskbar itself, rather than it looking like there's a rectangle embedded into your taskbar with some buttons on it.

Thanks!
Unfortunately, it's another of the too many limitations of the skinning engine.

That's a shame because what you describe would be IMO the best way to represent the micro player with the win7 aero theme.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
Pman

Post by Pman »

Dreadlau wrote:
DJSigma wrote:It would be cool if there was a skin that had a micro-player that had an "invisible" background. What I mean is, the player background would match the aero theme of the Windows taskbar so it would look like the actual player controls are built into the taskbar itself, rather than it looking like there's a rectangle embedded into your taskbar with some buttons on it.

Thanks!

That's a shame because what you describe would be IMO the best way to represent the micro player with the win7 aero theme.
Umm, actually you're quite wrong!!!

I've tested it sometime ago as a laugh and it actually worked! Just add a pink/black background in the theme editor and by magic you have a transparent background. All you then have to do is make sure the buttons have edges that are transparent and you're sorted.
  • W7Ultimate x32 - MM4 - SHABBA!
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Pman wrote:
Dreadlau wrote:

Thanks!

Umm, actually you're quite wrong!!!

I've tested it sometime ago as a laugh and it actually worked! Just add a pink/black background in the theme editor and by magic you have a transparent background. All you then have to do is make sure the buttons have edges that are transparent and you're sorted.
I tried. And it didn't work.

Can you show me a screenshot of your result?
Pman

Post by Pman »

Dreadlau wrote:I tried. And it didn't work.

Can you show me a screenshot of your result?
Sorry for the late reply, busy working day.

Actually you might be right, well half right, i tried to make my own Vitreous Miniplayer with the transparency but i've come across a few problems:

First thing: As you can see the player is transparent with notepad file underneath, however there's a ghost frame for the player background. This ghosting must be something to do with TE since changing the colour of the taskbar also changes the colour of the ghost frame accordingly.

Second thing: Something that Im not up-to-scratch with is the masking of buttons in theme editor. Somehow nohitter has darkened the edges of all buttons so that they blend into the Aero frame. This gives the buttons a polished look around the edges but i have no idea how to do that.

Third thing: Nothing to do with the problems above, well I used the wrong seekbar box, it should be plain white like the volume enclosed box. I will change this if there's solutions to problems 1 and 2. Also in the process, I'll update the maximise/minimise buttons to match the main theme skin.

So yeh to summarise, it is possible to make a transparent miniplayer but it's not perfect. If anyone is willing to help me out on problems 1 and 2 i'll give this Microplayer a green light (assuming there's a demand!) :D

-----------------------------------------
EDIT:

Problem 1 may have been fixed mostly. Just added AeroEnabled in the ini file and most of the ghost frame has disappeared. There's a little bit of ghosting still left but i think that is related to problem 2 which on the original skin there's i think a darker pink to get the full transparency but still cant figure this out.

Is there a wiki page on TE masks?
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

A few months ago, I made a little try.

It looked like that. I remember that I gave up, thinking: well this doesn't work like it should. probably the fault of TE again.

As you can see the background is not transparent as it should. it's much lighter.

And I didn't find out how to make the edges of the buttons transparent.
But according to your screenshot. This is possible unlike what I thought.
Pman

Post by Pman »

Dreadlau wrote:A few months ago, I made a little try.

It looked like that. I remember that I gave up, thinking: well this doesn't work like it should. probably the fault of TE again.

As you can see the background is not transparent as it should. it's much lighter.

And I didn't find out how to make the edges of the buttons transparent.
But according to your screenshot. This is possible unlike what I thought.
I do hope it's possible. I'm quite sure the masking is the only thing holding this back which is something i need guidance on.