Album artwork background

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

trixmoto

Album artwork background

Post by trixmoto »

Where the Album artwork is displayed, can the default image (when there is no image to be displayed) be changed? If so, which one is it?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

unknown by me maybe rusty will tell you :-?

yes i know it can be now since jiri said so below. 8)

if you did not want to make your own image i uploaded mine to

my skins download page
Last edited by rovingcowboy on Sun May 07, 2006 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Nobody know?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Actually it can be. Just place your image to Icons\NoAArt.png folder.

Jiri
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Excellent. Cheers Jiri.

How is the image displayed?
bezukof

Post by bezukof »

I am not seeing this folder in program files\media monkey is it somewhere else?
jiri

Post by jiri »

Just create Icons folder in MM folder.

Jiri
Jjet

Album Art Background

Post by Jjet »

Hello,

Could someone tell me how to change the background of the album art display? Cheers

Post by Guest »

Create a new folder in \Program Files\MediaMonkey and name it Icons.

Create, or take, the image that you want to use as the background image and save it as NoAArt.png to the Icons folder.

If you want to go back to the default MM background - just delete or move your image out of the Icons Folder.

NB If you don't have a program which can save in png format, I recommend the freeware Irfanview.
Jjet

Album Art Background

Post by Jjet »

Thanks for the tip!
I proceeded as indicated and the background has been replaced by the picture I chose. However, this image only appears when the track has no album art. associated. If the track has an album art, it is displayed but the background is then the default one and not mine. Is there a way to display a custom background at anytime?
Thanks
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

are you talking about the color around the an image?

that is part of the skin is your image 300 x 300 pixels that will fill in the album art window when you have it as a square but if you make it an rectangle then you will get color around the image.

as long as your album art window is square the image will fill the window.

if you want to use the rectangle then you make your image the size
of your rectangle window.

how ever i did that with the back ground image
and it did not work so it has a set size to be. but the album art will work for the rectangle

now if you want to use this background image which is for only showing when you have no album art. then you can double click on the album art window when you have the image showing it will bring up a little viewing window.

this window does not change the image with the song. so you can make it the size of your album art window and cover up the album art with it in that way.

or just right click on the album art window and change the choice for showing the images from now playing to selected.

and then don't select any songs so you will get that background image to show.

but when you do select a song then if there is an albumcover with it. you will get that albumcover.

so i would just cover up the album cover window with the other window to keep the image the same.

8)

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

Album Art Background

Post by Guest »

Yes, I am speaking about the colour around the AlbumArt.
As I understand, it is part of the skin.
What I would like to do is to customize that background with an image, color of my choice as it is possible to do for the three other windows. However for the album art, this option does not appear in the skin settings.
Someone knows how to do that? Cheers
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

that is the same thing as the panel i believe.? as i have changed it in my some of skins. just look around for what looks like it would be a panel in a window. that is the thing to change..

not sure if it is a big or little panel but it is in the skins. 8)