"Converting" an MM3 skin to work on MM4

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

MetalFrog

"Converting" an MM3 skin to work on MM4

Post by MetalFrog »

I remember being told in a previous thread that MM3 skins would work with MM4, but that's not the case, at least with my skin.

The micro player is fine, but the main player doesn't show up...

I guess I can go through and apply all my customizations to the new Glided player.mskin, but I'd prefer not to do that. Any input? :D

Oh, also, any idea why this text (in the microplayer hover popup) shows up as black no matter what color I set for those objects?

A man walks into a butcher shop and says, "I'll bet you fifty dollars you can't take the meat down off the top shelf!"

The butcher replies, "No way! The steaks are too high!"
nohitter151

Re: "Converting" an MM3 skin to work on MM4

Post by nohitter151 »

is your skin uploaded somewhere so we can take a look in it? The player should work fine in MM4.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

Skin's here.

Thanks for any help you can give me, nohitter. :)

http://solidaredesign.com/MetalFrog.msz
A man walks into a butcher shop and says, "I'll bet you fifty dollars you can't take the meat down off the top shelf!"

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MetalFrog wrote:Skin's here.

Thanks for any help you can give me, nohitter. :)

http://solidaredesign.com/MetalFrog.msz
Your player doesn't work in MM3 either. I looked at your player.mskn file, the PlayerBackground object is not correctly defined.

Also, your Microplayer does not have text color set to white for CurArtist or CurTitle objects in Microplayer.mskn. That's why they show as black. (you need to config the 'Font' property)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

nohitter151 wrote:Your player doesn't work in MM3 either. I looked at your player.mskn file, the PlayerBackground object is not correctly defined.

Also, your Microplayer does not have text color set to white for CurArtist or CurTitle objects in Microplayer.mskn. That's why they show as black. (you need to config the 'Font' property)
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Looks like I screwed up while swapping out some graphics on my refresh here. I replaced the background from the track info popup over the player image, so the width/height were screwed up and not working. Sometimes you just need an extra set of eyes.

I was also being dumb and looking at my custom text masks instead of realizing that we could use CurArtist/CurTitle.

Thanks a ton, nohitter!

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

only thing you need to add is another floating player folder just change that to fullscreen player and then make it use
the same controls as the full screen player from nohitter151's default or one of the other mm 4 default skins.

then just add that in to your mm 3 mskn file. then zip it all up like you do for the msz file.

all other coding in mm 3 skins is to be the same.

the trouble i have is the mm 4 default skins do not show any float player for me at all.

the mm 3 skins i made show the float player but it has a window frame around its client messing up the placement of
the players control.

i use xp pro.

by the way the default xp guilded skin does the same as the default mm 4 skins. so something is messed up in the mm 4 coding.

:(
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.