Glided - Smaller Player

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

nojac

Re: Glided - Smaller Player

Post by nojac »

DreadM wrote:...it's not easy to create a good looking / working small player..
In my opinion, the microplayer of the Spotify skinis an example of a good small player. (Though it does not have to be THAT slim!)

This is how my version looks:
But you are probably right that most new users don't know how to use these players right... So the very slim player at the bottom is probablly best for a default player. And your Noir eee is definitely one of my favourite MM3-skins!

(I was editing my post, deleting the phrase you quoted while you wrote your reply!)
timjthomas

Post by timjthomas »

That ^ is exactly what I mean!

Can I simply download that skin to get it to work? Does it work on both MM3 and MM4? I haven't been playing with 4 much as I don't want to risk issues syncing to my ipod, etc.
nojac

Post by nojac »

Yes, the Spotify-Indie skin works on both MM3 and MM4. (Though I prefer the 4-delletronic eee on MM4, so I know what program version I use)

The player of this skin is long and slim, but not as slim as the original used in Spotify. If you want it to look like mine, you will have to unzip the skin file (.msz) to a new folder within Mediamonkey/Skins and then rename the microplayer in this folder to player.mskin. Then open MM, select your "new" skin and drag the player to where you want it. But remember that this small player is NOT resizeable.

If you use he MonkeyRok script, an alternative to use the player of this panel and hide the original MM-player. (But the MR-skin of Spotify-Indie is not usable, since there are no gliders in that player)

(And please change the subect of the first post, since this is NOT about Glided :) )