Help! Trying to Edit A Theme

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

surfer1

Help! Trying to Edit A Theme

Post by surfer1 »

HI, I've followed the initial instructions from the wiki skinning page by downloading the Theme Editor and going to the MM/Skins folder to look for wmp11.msz, but nothing is appearing in the editor for that folder for me to click on. There's simply nothing there, yet in wondows explorer I can see darn thing sitting there. Is there a setting or something with Theme Editor I'm supposed to tweak to see the file I need? I'm just wanting to change the font style in WMP11. Thanks guys.
Last edited by surfer1 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
nohitter151

Re: Help! Something's not right.

Post by nohitter151 »

surfer1 wrote:HI, I've followed the initial instructions from the wiki skinning page by downloading the Theme Editor and going to the MM/Skins folder to look for wmp11.msz, but nothing is appearing in the editor for that folder for me to click on. There's simply nothing there, yet in wondows explorer I can see darn thing sitting there. Is there a setting or something with Theme Editor I'm supposed to tweak to see the file I need? I'm just wanting to change the font style in WMP11. Thanks guys.
An MSZ file is the compiled skin package, you can't edit that with ThemeEditor directly. You'll need to extract the Theme.mskn file from the .msz file before you can do any editing with ThemeEditor. The easiest way to do it is to change the Extension from .msz to .zip, then unzip the resulting WMP11.zip file. Theme.mskn will be inside.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
surfer1

Post by surfer1 »

Ahhhh, bingo. Thanks nohitter. Let now go have some fun. Cheers for that, mate. Thanks.

A few minutes later....This proess is proviong to be quite nightmarish.

Is anyone able to tell what programs they are using to extract the theme file, work on it, and then put it back into the zip file?

I'm using zip Genius to unzip the contents and extracte the Theme file and AC Browser as a wondows exporer to see what I'm doing but nothing seems to be working smoothly. This is quite cumbersome, guys. How the hell are you guys managing this?? And when I use the Theme editor to open file, there are so many fonts, which one exactly is the main font that appears in the tree window. I'm trying to replicate the font style from Helium's tree window. Appreciate your feedback all. Cheers.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

You don't really need to zip the content again to try the skin. Keep it as a directory in Mediamonkey\Skins\, you'll be able to use it since it will be listed in skins options. Just give it a different name.

In ThemEditor, file Theme.mskn, the main list font is in:
Fonts\ListItemTextNormal.

(Helium skin is using Microsoft Sans Serif font)
You can manage it in:
Objects\ListBox

:~)
Eyal
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

surfer1 did you read the newbie fast walk through for skinning mm 3 that i wrote.

if you did you will see how to make the new theme.mskn file,

just read that and do each step as you read it that is how i wrote it. you should see how easy it is.

nohitter151 and eyal told you correct but short.

so in my short i'll tell you.

find the skin you want in your skins folder in monkeys folder. using the windows explorer.

copy that msz file.

paste that msz file in to a new folder called my editing folder for skin named ????
or some such name for that folder that will let you know its only for that one skin.

now you change that .msz to a .zip and unzip or extract all the files in to that folder.
now stop. this is where you should find the walk through's instructions on putting what files in to other
sub folders in that folder cause certian files need to be kept seperate mainly cause they could overwrite another one.
so go to those instructions and start reading where the image of the folders are listed so you will follow them easier. cause i cant write them all again here. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
surfer1

Re: Help! Trying to Edit A Theme

Post by surfer1 »

Hi guys,
would someone know where I can download the Helium icons for there library tree nodes. I'd like to replace the existing MM3 ones in the WMP11 skin with Helium's. Also, when in Theme Editor, I couldn't see any Icon folder for locating these library tree icons. Just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. Essentially I just want to make a straight swap.
Thanks guys. Cheers.
rovingcowboy

Re: Help! Trying to Edit A Theme

Post by rovingcowboy »

not sure where to get the icons. but when you do get them you need to place them in the icon folder in the skin's msz file. it is not made with the theme engine. its just an folder you make in your skin's working folder. and you add it when you zip up all the files to the skin's msz file.

:D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.