Skin NOIR v 1.4

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

gege

Re: Skin NOIR v 1.3

Post by gege »

DreadM wrote:i don't test it with LV 2.0 ,if sombody can test it with LV2.0 and can tell me if it's work ,i can delete LV Forum Noir 1.1.mmip.
It works OK with LV 2.0 too, so you can delete LV Forum Noir 1.1.mmip without problem.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

OK,Thanks
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Thanks for the v 1.3 update. Noir is still my favorite skin, by far!
Thank you.
--
The gpzbc
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Excellent Dread! :D
Stop Button Freak
GeraldB

Post by GeraldB »

I use NOIR Green often and really like it so I don't want to appear negative, but feel I should report that the Properties window features a lot of black text on an almost-black background, particularly the tabs. I don't think I could make out some of the labels if I didn't already know what they say. It doesn't stop me from using and enjoying the skin, though -- thank you for your work.
Can't afford a signature.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

and thanks !

@GeraldB :
don't feel negativ,we skinners need feedback to bring our skins forward :) ,but iam wondering (all noir versions use the same Menueimages)
you are the first one who point this out ,
normal it's no problem to change the font color or the tap backround, tell me what you think it's better?
if i make a change, i prefer a lighter tap backround. :wink:
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

DreadM wrote:Greetings

and thanks !

@GeraldB :
don't feel negativ,we skinners need feedback to bring our skins forward :) ,but iam wondering (all noir versions use the same Menueimages)
you are the first one who point this out ,
normal it's no problem to change the font color or the tap backround, tell me what you think it's better?
if i make a change, i prefer a lighter tap backround. :wink:
I would prefer a lighter font for the properties tabs rather than a lighter background. That's my two cents worth.
--
The gpzbc
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

maybe like this:
select =white
unselect=like list view
GeraldB

Post by GeraldB »

Now that we're discussing this, I look further and see the matter extends to other windows and to window backgrounds as well as tabs. The Properties window has some dark background with black text as well as the tab issue.

In another example, the Tools> Extensions window has black text on a dark gray background in the panel where the extensions are listed. The Tools> Options window has green text on the same background. Much better (to me).

In the same Tools> Extensions window the tabs are black with white text that is easy to read and very attractive. I think extending this to all tabs would be a nice solution.

I would vote for reviewing text colors and extending the use of green or white if that is not too hard, plus I like the dark backgrounds and tabs which are a dramatic Noir feature. However I'm not an artist or skinner -- you get to decide whether to change tabs and/or backgrounds based on the whole concept and what is practical.

Thank you for inviting comment.
GeraldB

Post by GeraldB »

Looks like I was a little late. The new tabs look good and will be easier for me to use -- thanks.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Beautiful. Just keeps getting better and better.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Yes, that is wonderful!
--
The gpzbc
Viper21

Post by Viper21 »

Noir skin ROCKS!!!! :D

One thing that disturbs me though is the behaviour of the scroll bar sliders; you only get to see the full "weight" of a slider when you hover the mouse over the slider. So, just by glancing at a window you cannot really tell how much content there is in a window—you physically have to move the mouse close to the center of the slider.

Is is possible to toggle the behaviour of the slider, by changing a setting in one of the skin's files, so it always shows its full weight?

Thanks,
-Viper21
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

@Viper21:
Yes ,shure it's possible , i look what i can do ,if i find a good looking solution i implant it in the next version,
also the changing tap style that GeraldB suggest.
Viper21

Post by Viper21 »

Thanks DreadM! Eagerly awaiting an update. :wink: