Zekton Skins - NEW MonkeyRok 5.x themes (June 2010)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

dodan

Re: Zekton Skins [*NEW* P-Steel v1.1] (2008-11-27)

Post by dodan »

Salut Eyal
Bon c'est encore moi, dodan!!!
j'ai essayé les Zekton Skins : j'aime bcp les couleurs et la disposition

Seule petite remarque il faut approcher des boutons (fichiers, etc...) pour qu'ils s'éclairent et deviennent plus lisibles: un peu fatigants pour des yeux d'un certain âge.
existe-t-il une option qui permettent de les aggrandir ou de fixer une couleur plus contrastée ?

En tous cas j'imagine que c'était un sacré boulot à exécuter et encore j'ai seulement "survolé" l'aspect général et n'ai pas encore travaillé.

Cette fois-ci vraiment bonne nuit: ici il est 1heure du matin

Pour l'affichage en Grec des titres des chansons, il y a une solution ?

à +
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Merci dodan, il est possible de rendre l'affichage de MM plus grand par les options:
Outils -> Options -> Skin -> Taille de la fonte.
Mais cela n'affecte pas la grandeur du Player. Désolé.

Dodan want the player's function buttons to be bigger, it's possible to make the fonts bigger through
the options: Tools -> Options -> Skin -> Font size
but unfortunately it does not affect the Player.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
FEB

Post by FEB »

I'd like to make a small change to the P-Steel skin. The player displays Artist - track, and then artist - album on the next line. How can I edit this so that the second line just says the album name, and omits the artist?

Cheers
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

FEB wrote:I'd like to make a small change to the P-Steel skin. The player displays Artist - track, and then artist - album on the next line. How can I edit this so that the second line just says the album name, and omits the artist?

Cheers
Hi FEB
The second line displays AlbumArtist - AlbumName. To change it you need Winzip or a compatible archive compressor.

1) Locate the file C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Skins\Zekton_P-Steel.msz and open it with Winzip.
2) Edit with notepad the in-file PLAYER.INI and locate the [Custom1] section.
3) In that section change the line:
TextMask=%R — %L
to:
TextMask=%L
4) Save the file and confirm when Winzip ask to modify the file in the archive.

That's it.

You can modify any display line to your taste. These are the latest parameters available:

%A – Artist
%R – Album artist
%L – Album
%S – Song
%P – Playlist position
%I – Song position
%H – Song length
%J – Time to play
%G – Genre
%C – Author
%U – Custom1
%V – Custom2
%W – Custom3
%E – Songs file extension
%F – Filename
%Y – Year
%T – Song order
%B – Bitrate
%M – Songs BPM
%D – Temporary order

Available in Alpha 5 and newer builds;
%Cn - custom field (n must be between 1 and 5)
%PC - current track in playlist
%PT - total tracks in playlist

Eyal
FEB

Post by FEB »

Eyal, thank you - that makes it perfect for me (and very well explained, too!)
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Yes it's quite easy. Forgot to tell you, do the same modifications to FloatPlayer.ini.
GeraldB

Post by GeraldB »

Magnificent! P-Steel has everything I've been searching for: color and style to match my Firefox theme; no unused blank areas; and all the features, including a Stop button. It's nice when an everyday tool is a pleasure to use -- Thank you for your work.
Can't afford a signature.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Thank you GeraldB, if you have any suggestion to improve the player don't hesitate.

-------
In my todo list: Zekton skin for Lyrics and Comment Viewer plugin. Zekton 2.0 + Black color (in January 2009).
I'm almost done with my Café Moka skin, you'll be able to download it before the end of the year. :)

Eyal
GeraldB

Post by GeraldB »

I like the skin so much that I didn't want to say anything negative, but now that you've invited comment I have a couple things to consider. I have vision problems typical of those at middle age and beyond, so for ME.... (1) It would be nice if all scroll bars were wider - up to twice as wide. (2) The confirmation window (i.e., when I am deleting an entry, ec.) has a black font on a dark gray background, so I have to lean closer and squint; maybe white text would show up better. I understand that I may be in a small minority on this; thanks for asking and thanks again for the great skin.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Hi GeraldB,
I'm happy you like the skin. I'll be happy to adapt it for you.
GeraldB wrote:(1) It would be nice if all scroll bars were wider - up to twice as wide.
Alas, scroolbar in MM can't be more than 17 pixels wide. What I can do is shrink its frame so the inside slider will be 15 pixels wide instead of 7 pixels like it is now.
GeraldB wrote:has a black font on a dark gray background
You are right if you have an old monitor that can't display high brighness/contrast pictures. On mine actually it's black text on light gray. Changing the text color will make an impact on whole skin, so I'll lighten the background color.

Would you like also a bigger font for the track lists?

Look further for a P-Steel SE edition. :)

Eyal
GeraldB

Post by GeraldB »

As you suspect, finding the scrollbar center with the cursor requires a concious effort for me. Now that you've said there is a maximum size, I suspect the present appearance only makes it SEEM narrow, but as I didn't have this reaction with other skins some help with the scrollbars would be welcome.

I overstated the darkness of the gray background, but nevertheless, more contrast would be helpful to me.

I had no problem with the font size for the track lists, but now that you mention it, another point would be nice.

Now that we're getting picky, ha-ha, I have gone back and looked critically at all the elements I use and have one more item. The bottom of the menues is quite dark and the last line of black text hard to read. The Help menu is a good example. Your menues are a strong feature and this is a minor item because it doesn't arise often.

Thank you for listening.

Gerald
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

No problem. I will make the corrections and it should be available soon. :)
Eyal

Re: Zekton Skins [New P-Steel v1.2 +LyricsViewer] (2009-01-01)

Post by Eyal »

Happy New Year To All !!

V1.2 update - 2009-01-01 :
- Slightly brighter panels and menu.
- (SE only): Wider scrollbars.

New matching theme for Lyrics and Comment Viewer - 2009-01-01:
- V1.0 for all three colors, (no screenshots).

Please see the first post in this thread for download links.

@GeraldB: P-Steel SE v1.2 is what you looking for. Unfortunately the font size can't be changed.

Eyal
GeraldB

Re: Zekton Skins [New P-Steel v1.2 +LyricsViewer] (2009-01-01)

Post by GeraldB »

Excellent. The SE mods make this piece of art even better for me and I hope for many others. Nice work.
glennergy

Re: Zekton_Blue Skin

Post by glennergy »

Hello, I've been trying out your Zekton-Blue skin today. It is my favorite MM skin so far. I love the player --the controls, the size of the timer, and the size and location of the song scroll bar. I really like the play/pause button, and the information that is viewable about each track. I also love the 3d quality across the entire skin. I also love the blue-gray color you chose. It has the best feeling for me of any I've tried.

It is almost everything I've been looking for in a skin, with one exception -- the tan background is a color that I really do not like. I dislike that color enough that I might choose a different skin. I notice that you have made modifications before. Is there any chance you would be willing to make that one single change to your Zekton-Blue skin too? Change the tan background across the entire skin to either a light gray, or white, or something other than tan? And, now that I learn about your SE edition, that is even better too - I do like the wide scrollbars!

If this is something I can easily edit myself too, I am happy to do so.

If not, no problem. Maybe I will learn to make my own skin one day.

Thank you.