Would you like more new skins?

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

These are some combined answers: I use the MediaMonkey...

You may select 1 option

View results

Steegy

Would you like more new skins?

Post by Steegy »

Hi

We have to admit that there are not so very much MediaMonkey skins.
Some of the main reasons are probably
- people don't want to make skins
- people think that making skins for MediaMonkey is difficult
- people don't need extra skins (they are happy with the currently available skins, they don't use skins, they use only Winamp (player) skins e.g. in combination with a special Windows theme, ...)

To get a better picture of the situation of the MediaMonkey community, I'd like to ask you a question, above.

For those that'd like new skins, please feel free to post below which kind of skins you'd like (e.g. examples, dark/light, shiny/matte, color preference, ...)

Thanks
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Bex

Post by Bex »

I have used the aqua skin since it came out. I have tried the others but I always go back to the good old aqua. I just like it the best.
No option to vote for aqua :cry:

I'll try your SoftBlue a couple of days since it looks very nice...

New skins are always welcome but I don't know how they should look - surprise me!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i voted for the downloaded from the forum skin choice.

but i have so many skins from my own making or from my own conversion of the winamp skins i downloaded long ago.

that i could have voted for the last choice of i change them at times.

my sister however only use's one skin that i adjusted from winamp and she gets mad if i change it on this xp. so that shows you just how different even one family can be.

8)

i think an option to change skins or start up of monkey would be great.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
thebachellor

Post by thebachellor »

I honestly think brushed steel is the best skin right now.

Form + Function = Great product.

All MM needs is form now; I mean... that's the only reason one would choose something like iTunes over it.

In order for MM to be the best media player, it would have to have everything all the major media players have now, and that includes an attractive interface.

Not to say that it isn't attractive, but if it wasn't for me delving in to MM a bit more, I would have written it off as too complicated just based on the screenshot on the homepage.
tommae88

Post by tommae88 »

all of those choices could have applied to me pretty much at one point lol, but at the moment i'm just using one off of the forum.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

I fit into the catagory of "tweaking skins" to suit my own colour preference.
I have never thought to post these on the forum.

I have been working on a new skin for ages but don't really have enough time to give it a good push so re-colourising a standard skin is a quick solution for me.

I like both the XP Silver and XP Olive skins the most as my base to work from.
Last edited by paulmt on Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rich P

Post by Rich P »

More skins would always be great but I'm happy with the look of what I'm using at the moment.
I use the 'improved dark gray' skin from here... http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5187 but with a few tweaks to background colours, fonts, icons and ratings stars.
I have also found that this player skin works well with it... http://www.winamp.com/skins/details.php?id=147671

MM has been the guinea pig in my attempts at skin editing and I've found it pretty easy to work with so I don't think there's a problem there. I guess it just needs people who know what they're doing to put in the time to get more skins out there.

Personally I like simple, functional looking skins.....not too bright and nothing fancy. That's just down to individual taste though. For me, what the program can do is far more important than how it looks but saying that, it looks just fine to me :wink:
mustbeburt

those links don't work

Post by mustbeburt »

those links don't work to download the improved gray skins. can someone put some new links up? thanks!
Peke

Post by Peke »

I think that few of my next ideas for MM which I release as MM Fan will release as SKINWARE, Send one MM form skin to judges on Skin forum (not player skin but windows skin) and you will receive lifetime registered feature :)

What do you say?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts