Font of playing song

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

norman_himself

Font of playing song

Post by norman_himself »

Hi
I want to change the color of the font which is used for the song that is playing atm (in library view).
But I dont find the correct submenu point in themeditor. I tried ListItemTextHot, ListItemTextFocused and some others, but that's all not what I want. Please help!
Rich P

Post by Rich P »

I'm new to this skin editing stuff myself but I think the one you need to change is 'ListItemTextSelected'.

On a similar note, I'd like to change the colour of (or preferrably remove completely) the box that highlights the selected track (in all windows) when I click either on or off of it.

Is there an available 'Help' file for the free version of ThemeEditor? It's gonna take a long time to identify which item is which otherwise.

ps Love the program :)
norman_himself

Post by norman_himself »

No. It's not "ListItemTextSelected'
Any other ideas?
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

The text of the currently playing song (in the internal player) is defined in the skin's fonts.ini file.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).

Post by Guest »

I don't mean the text in the internal player. I mean the text in the playlist/library.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Well I thought so in the beginning, but I don't see your point. The playing track has the same color as the other tracks. The only difference is that the now playing track is Bold. You can change the color of the tracks (list items and such) but this will then be for all of them (now playing or not).

Concerning background colors: these are not colors but images: see http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 9009#69009

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

can you give us a screen shot of the exact text area
you want to change

and then tell us what you want to change in it

that way we can all see just what YOUR SEEING.

some of the text is tricky to get to do what you want.

some is controled in ini files. some is controld by the skin's theme.

and some is controld by the windows explorer desktop theme settings.

so we really need to see what your wanting to mess with.

i believe from reading your posts that you want to change the color
of the fonts you get in the library view to the right of the tree.

those are list view item fonts.
you can change them by the font choices you found when you first opened the theme skin editor.

but some times they don't change unless you go in to the images
area and find image for the location you want to change the fonts in.
then look in the right hand code tree of that image and look for the 2 or 4 different places to change fonts and font colors.

those colors need a number code that is larger then normal and is only found by use of the color picker tool in the them editor.

but you can try in there to change the colors you want.
just remember to make a back up copy of your skin before you
start messing in that code tree.

and remember that even if changed in there they still might not work if
the windows explorer is contoling that font in the system?

but don't forget to back up your files before you start to mess with any file.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Rich P

Post by Rich P »

Steegy wrote:
Concerning background colors: these are not colors but images: see http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 9009#69009
Thanks Steegy, that's exactly what I needed to know :)
norman_himself

Post by norman_himself »

I want the font color of the playing song only to be changed not of all songs in my library. Is this possible?
Here is what i mean!
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

This is not possible.
However, this request fits in with the colored track list request that has been posted in (I think) the wishlist forum.

Both wishes would need a change to MediaMonkey itself. It can not be done by merely changing the skins.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

looking at your image i see a red line under a song.

and the blue of the selected song.

not sure which is playing? i have to say that if your song with the red line
is playing and you want it different from the rest?

steegy is correct you can't do that.

how ever if your saying the blue line is the song playing then yes you can change that color.

it is one of the hot colors in the list items i can't remember which one.
but when you select the song you can change its color to be what ever you want that will make it stand out.

only other way to make the now playing song different text when it is not selected is to make the fonts all smaller then the now playing one. and make it bold that way the now playing will be larger then the others when it is not selected.

wait a minute? that is the selected text you do that with as monkey will select the song for you when it is playing so it makes the song text the selected size. but does not put the blue of the selected inducator around it.

but when you click on a song and select it the now playing gets smaller again atleast mine does on the win98 so as long as you don't click on any song your now playing will be different.

8) :-? :(
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.