MediaMonkey 2.2 Alpha 2 Localization update

If you want to translate MediaMonkey to your local language...

Moderators: rusty, Gurus

rusty

MediaMonkey 2.2 Alpha 2 Localization update

Post by rusty »

Just a quick note: I've updated the mm-local.zip file to version .715 to match the Alpha 2 build. There are a couple of minor changes to default.po, and tips.po + an addition of a new .po file called DB.po that contains strings related to language used in the DB (e.g. for things such as autoplaylists)--special thanks to Octopod for pointing out the need for this.

Regards,
Rusty
Octopod

Re: MediaMonkey 2.2 Alpha 2 Localization update

Post by Octopod »

rusty wrote:--special thanks to Octopod for pointing out the need for this.
Hey, it's normal : that's my job! 8)

Actually i create & design software man-machine interfaces for industrial companies... so i do know well this kind of needs :wink:
arg0

Importing old translation with poEdit's TM

Post by arg0 »

Hi,
I was just done with translating 2.2.712 to Italian, when 2.2.715 was released. That's good since with the 712 UI I could not access the Language dropdown list to test the translation...

However: in order to migrate the 712 translation to 715 I added the 712 .po files to poEdit's Translation Memory (TM). Most strings get automagically translated, but all auto-translated strings are marked as Fuzzy. Is there a way to have them marked as OK (or fuzzy but with a different color), so that I can still see those *I* decided to mark as fuzzy?

Regards,
arg0
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I'm not sure I understand your situation, but this is how I updated my 2.2.712 default.po file to 2.2.715: I downloaded the new version, opened my (OLD) default.po file, went to Catalog -> Update from POT file and I selected the (NEW) default.pot file.

There were some fuzzy terms: exactly those that have been discontinued (maybe around 10). Later on they disappeared... not sure why. I didn't have any fuzzy terms of my own at the moment, but I can understand why you got confused.

By the way, are you able to see menu tooltips in the alpha?

Regards,

Pablo
rusty

Updating PO file

Post by rusty »

fyi, the approach that Pablo took is the correct one for updating a .po file to reflect the latest English sources.

-Rusty