Disabling "copy M3U playlists" on Zen Nano Plus

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Phreaker47

Disabling "copy M3U playlists" on Zen Nano Plus

Post by Phreaker47 »

Got a new Zen Nano Plus and ran into a problem:

This device doesn't use M3Us, so I disabled the option.. however, MM still copies them over anyway. Tried the latest build (2.5.3.959) and it still happens. The box remains unchecked, but the M3U files still copy over.

This doesn't happen on my Vision:M.
illiniguy73

Post by illiniguy73 »

right click on the device of interest and select properties. select each playlist to be transfered, click edit and deselect the "copy m3u playlists" option. deselecting that option under the "sync options" tab does not work. you'll need to do it manually for each playlist and for each device. hopefully they'll get that fixed.
Phreaker47

Post by Phreaker47 »

Not just each device, but each individual album!

I've fooled around with this a whole bunch and basically it doesn't work.

I use "Synchronize only the following" and select albums I want. On "synchronization options" tab, I disable "copy m3u playlists".

Now, we both know that doesn't work, so I looked under playlist options in the "auto synchronization list" tab as you mentioned. All the default playlists are there (I have added none.) They are all unchecked. Messing with those doesn't do anything different.

The ONLY way I have found to actually stop the m3u playlist copy is to edit each and every individual album setting and uncheck copy m3u box, so that the "copy m3u" status column changes from "default" to "no".

I can't get the default to be 'no' for this no matter what I do. If I edit "artists" (which you would think would create a default setting for everything in that tree) to not copy, it just forgets the change I made and re-enables itself. The box is marked with a square, which I know means it is inheriting that option from a parent option. I just can't seem to find that magical default option and turn it off for good! I would think that default option would be the one in the Synchronzation Options tab, but I have that unchecked already.
Phreaker47

Post by Phreaker47 »

Why was this moved?

This is a BUG.
rusty

copy .m3u playlists

Post by rusty »

Definitely a bug. We're hoping to fix this in 2.5.3.

-Rusty
Phreaker47

Post by Phreaker47 »

Thanks, it's appreciated.

Obviously it's just a minor annoyance.
illiniguy73

Post by illiniguy73 »

while you guys are fixing this bug, it would also be nice to have the last couple sync options (track naming specification) of a particular type (i.e. playlist, album or artist) saved in a drop-down box (or at least the last used setting saved) in the "sync tracks to" dialog box.

under the "Sync options" tab, the global setting works fine on all items in the sync list (playlists, albums, etc). i can also individually edit particular albums or plastlists and and have a unique "sync tracks to" option for each selection using the edit button. however, if i instead select the album or playlist node, instead of a particular playlist or album, the setting is not saved. i name playlists and albums differently and it would be nice to have a global setting for each type versus having to individually set track name options for each album and each playlist in my sync list.
thanks