MMW shows wrong album name

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

PosPSF

MMW shows wrong album name

Post by PosPSF »

I use Windows 7 ultimate and MMW 4.1.26.1896. I enum mp3 files directly from a Folder on a fixed hard drive formatted for NTFS. There is a MP3 file, where the Album Name isn't displayed correctly. The properties in Windows Explorer are displayed correctly. Refreshing (F5) doesn't change the result. I think, that in this case there is no database access in MMW. I know, that the Album Name can edited in MMW, but my opinion is, that this behavior is a bug and should be fixed!
Best Regards
PosPSF
Peke

Re: MMW shows wrong album name

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you make screenshot of whole MMW window Where you are trying to refresh by using F5?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
PosPSF

Post by PosPSF »

The file with the wrong album name is "A-Tisket, A-Tasket". History: The album name "Tisket, A" was the result of a failed editing the properties of this file in Windows Explorer. Therefore displaying "Tisket, A" was correct. Now I removed this Album Name in the properties in Windows Explorer. But MMW continues this Album Name; that is now not correct. There are two screenshots: One with the window of MMW and one with the properties in Windows Explorer. The following screenshots "3prJKsK.url" and "dD9r7pt" are uploaded to the domain as described in your web page "Adding Images to Forum Posts". But previewing failed due to the error message "You can’t post image, email or url links that are external to this domain. Please remove https://xxx...". Please let me know an other domain. Best Regards PosPSF
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I can't find them. Can you please open support ticket and attach screenshots to you Support ticket.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you rescan files in MediaMonkey after editing the properties in File Explorer? This is required to update the tag changes. You'll also need to have the option to update file info from tags when rescanning files enabled and maybe the timestamp option disabled under Tools > Options > Library.
PosPSF

Post by PosPSF »

Hey Lowlander,
I set all the Options required and after a rescan, at first the wrong album name disappears. Now I closed MMW and started it again after a few minutes. And the wrong album name comes up again! A new rescan, the wrong name disappears and after a new start of MMW the wrong name comes up again.
Please note: After february 25. I travelled to Teneriffa for 6 weeks. Therefore we must paused this postings for this time. Best regards PosPSF
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then you'll have to share a sample file with Support. The file may have multiple tags or values for Album or have some other corruption in the tags.
PosPSF

Post by PosPSF »

Thank you for your answer. I will share this possible corrupted file with the support. But I start this in april 2020 when coming back from Teneriffa. Best Regards PosPSF