Something is wrong with MP3 tags...

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

rjwerth

Something is wrong with MP3 tags...

Post by rjwerth »

I'm not sure when this started happening, but music I add to my USB drive to use in my Ford Sync (gen 2) will not show artist, album or album art. I've been using this drive for several years and all my music on there has been working as desired up to about a month ago. "Old" tracks show all ID info. New tracks show nothing. The songs play fine and show the filename as the title. I've tried re sending the affected tracts using 2 different computers and even tried moving the files to different directories on the USB. Nothing is getting the Ford system to see the tags correctly. I've tried cleaning and re syncing just the id3 tags with MM and that didn't work either.

My setup is is pretty straight forward. All music is recorded in FLAC on my server. I just select the tracks I want and send them to the USB. Auto convert settings are set to transcode the music to MP3 using the 256 Xtreme preset which is what I've always used. To the best of my knowledge, the only thing that has changed is my MM version. All hardware and workflow has remained the same.
Peke

Re: Something is wrong with MP3 tags...

Post by Peke »

The best way to determine what is going on is to copy two files (1 Old and 1 New) uploade (Dropbox/google drive/...) and send me DL lik in PM so taht I can analyze what happened and what has been changed in tags/files.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rjwerth

Post by rjwerth »

I think I have the solution. The album art that was downloaded for those files are way to big for SYNC to handle. 300x300 seems ok. 600x600 won't show on the screen, but won't screw up everything either. Some of these large art files that are being downloaded by Discogs are crazy big and SYNC just ignores all the tag data.

Any chance of offering Art scaling per device to deal with this? MM5?

Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I assume you mean the stereo isn't able to display large Artwork, not that MediaMonkey isn't syncing them?

The option to resize on sync has been requested.
rjwerth

Post by rjwerth »

Yes, that is confusing but SYNC is the name of the Ford system.