Podcasts downloaded as html files from some (authenticated) feeds [#15614]

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

manalive

Podcasts downloaded as html files from some (authenticated) feeds [#15614]

Post by manalive »

#MNR-264-36999
MM Version: 4.1.24.1883

I am trying to download "pro" or "private" podcast feeds that require authentication.

MediaMonkey properly authenticates, pulls the feed, and downloads the files however:
  • it downloads them as .html instead of .mp3 files
  • it doesn't properly capture and apply the metadata (ex:date is set to download date instead of the published date in the feed )
  • the .html files, once downloaded, will not be played properly by MediaMonkey even after the file extension has been corrected
More on the last problem: if I change the file extension (using MediaMonkey OR Windows Explorer) the file won't play when selected in MediaMonkey, BUT it will play in other media players and if I open it from Windows Explorer (and tell it to open in MediaMonkey), it will play.

Since I cannot post my credentials for the feed in the forum, I will open a ticket and submit the info there privately.
Ludek

Re: Podcasts downloaded as html files from some (authenticated) feeds

Post by Ludek »

FYI: This has been fixed as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15614

The issue was that the server returns incorrect Content-Type for the links, it returns 'text/html'
I had to use 'type' attribute of the enclosure element in the feed.
Peke

Re: Podcasts downloaded as html files from some (authenticated) feeds [#15614]

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Due the complexity please Note that this is only fixed for MM5 2173+ not for MM4.x
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts