library

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

pmbks1007

library

Post by pmbks1007 »

hello
After using, with satisfaction, mediamonkey for years, I had to reinstall mediamonkey for some reason. When I installed mediamonkey again I have noticed that scan/rescan of music files onto the library goes EXTREMELY slow. And I mean extremely slow compared to before. Also I have noticed that mediamonkey doesn't perform as smooth as it used to perform to perfection before.
What could the reason be and what can I do about it...
friendly regards,
pmbks1007
Lowlander

Re: library

Post by Lowlander »

For scanning analyze for duplicates can make it slow. Check the Statusbar in MediaMonkey to see if any processes are running?
pmbks1007

Post by pmbks1007 »

hello lowlander,
I checked to see if scanning analises for duplicates, but no, it's not, ... and it's still uploading to the library extremely slow.
thanks for your reply... I will keep searching for solutions.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Analyze Volume for files with unknown level can slow things down. You may also want to run File > Maintain Library with complete optimzation checked.
pmbks1007

Post by pmbks1007 »

okay, I will try the options. However, all files have been analysed, tagged, ... etc, by the previous mediamonkey that I have installed years ago before I uninstalled it due to some problem.
Once I maintain library with complete optimization i, presume, need to upload all of my music files first to the library.
thanks again
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, your Library remains. Maintain Library just optimizes it so it runs faster, thus MediaMonkey runs faster.
pmbks1007

Post by pmbks1007 »

Hello,
okay, I will try it... meanwhile I have tried some other possibilities. One is that I let mediamonkey "read" the music folders first and after it has "read" the entire folder, I clicked on "rescan/add files to library". It added the files to the library much faster.
Anyway, I thank you for your support
regards,
pmbks1007
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you're viewing a lot of files in the Library it will take longer to rescan as it has to refresh the content during scanning. Also make sure you're not in the My Computer node as it is much slower.

Reading can also be caused by a large Now Playing. The smaller it is the shorting its reading on startup will be.
pmbks1007

Post by pmbks1007 »

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. Have a wonderful Saturday