tags disappear / don't stay

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

musicfiend

tags disappear / don't stay

Post by musicfiend »

I have been using MM for many years (Windows). All my music files are mp3s. Some have been ripped from CDs, some have been downloaded from the web. When I re-tag the track number, album, artist etc. all looks fine initially. But for the past month, if I go to another album and return to the re-tagged album, some of the re-tagged information disappears. If I try again, it does the same thing (i.e. the problem is specific to certain tracks). None of the tracks have their access limited (and the fact that on a given album some info stays and other info doesn't validates the point). The problem has happened on so many files (newly ripped files and and on old files that have had no historical problem) that it is not a corrupted file issue. I re-downloaded MM to make sure the installation wasn't corrupt, but the problem persists. Would appreciate help, thanks.
Lowlander

Re: tags disappear / don't stay

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey? Are you working in the My Computer node?