Media Type in Properties "sticks"

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

sickingm

Media Type in Properties "sticks"

Post by sickingm »

When ripping an audiobook CD, my first step is to select the tracks and change their change their properties to make sure Mediamonkey knows the author, title, etc. The first property to change is the "Type" which defaults to "Music". I need to change this to Audiobook. This in turn replaces or removes several tags in the form. If I inadvertently select the wrong Type (Usually "Podcast" since it's just above "Audiobook") it changes "Album" to "Podcast", for instance. HOWEVER, once the media type is changed from Music to Podcast (or to anything else for that matter), it can't be back changed again. The drop down list for Podcast / Audiobook / Classical Music / Music Video etc. still present themselves, but nothing happens if you select one of them.

Easy workaround, of course: Exit from Properties and re-enter it.

But still a bug.
Matt
Lowlander

Re: Media Type in Properties "sticks"

Post by Lowlander »

I can't reproduce and can keep changing between the different Types. Which version of MediaMonkey are you using?

Note that if you set Genre to Audiobook for ripped Audiobook files that Type will be automatically set to Audiobook.
sickingm

Post by sickingm »

I'm using release 4.1.20.1864

I did not know that changing the genre to Audiobook that it would change the Type to Audioboook. This is a better process than I was using. SO this is no longer an issue. However, to complete the discussion here are the steps that I have been taking:

- Insert CD into drive
- Wait for the the drive letter ("F:][Audio CD]") to appear at the left, and select it
- Ctrl/A to select all tracks
- Shift/Enter to open the Properties dialog
- At this point the default Type is "Music" and some of the property types are "Artist", "Conductor" and "Lyricist"
- If the Audiobook Type is (correctly) selected, the "Composer" and "Lyricist" properties disappear
- "Accidentally" hit "Podcast" Type instead of "Audiobook"
- This causes "Album" to bwe replaced by "Podcast" and the "Composer" and "Lyricist" properties disappear
- Correct the mistake by selecting "Audiobook" type, and the "Podcast" property remains, and "Album" is nowhere on the page.
Matt
sickingm

Post by sickingm »

P.S> your comment that changing the genre to "Audiobook" will also automatically change the Type to "Audiobook" is wrong. If I knew how I could send or upload a picture of a counterexample. (I see there's an Insert Image button but it appears to be looking for a url to an image.)
Matt
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you change it prior to Ripping and did you Rip with MediaMonkey? Changing Genre afterwards, once the files in the Library has no affect on Type.
sickingm

Post by sickingm »

>>>Did you change it prior to Ripping and did you Rip with MediaMonkey? Changing Genre afterwards,
>>>once the files in the Library has no affect on Type.

No. It was a disk that had not yet been ripped. The reason I was using the Properties function was to set the genre, author, album, etc. since there was no CDText on the CD. So it was definitely not in the library.

Is there a way for me to send or upload a screen capture or video?
Matt
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then I guess that doesn't work. Then you'll still have to change it afterwards.