Different column layout in archive and playlists [#15018]

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Toemmel

Different column layout in archive and playlists [#15018]

Post by Toemmel »

Since the last MM update (4.1.21.1875) I have different views of table columns in the archive tree (band, album, title, year) and in the playlists. They have a complete different layout. Both have to be synchronized (order, width).

Only the playlist layout is the one I've configured in the former versions.

Switching between both layouts in the trees is aggravating.

Bug or feature? Where can I synchronize both trees to the same layout?

Toemmel
Lowlander

Re: Different column layout in archive and playlists

Post by Lowlander »

Playlists can be seen as a Collection. This included the column layout. I'm not sure if that has changed (user have asked for per Playlist settings).
Toemmel

Post by Toemmel »

And how can I get the same column playlists like in the archive tree, apart from manual adjustment?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You choose to View a Playlist as a Collection, which means the Column settings are tied to that Collection (and vice versa). Right click on Playlist in Media Tree and choose Edit Playlist to set this.
Toemmel

Post by Toemmel »

Okay, I've found the problem:

I navigated within the (wrong) archive tree "Entire Collection". Usually I use my own "Music" archive tree, that is also used in all playlists. So the columns had different layouts...

Sorry, therefore it's no MM bug but an user bug. ;-)
Skafan

Post by Skafan »

I have a similar issue since last update. Before update when I created a sub-playlist (i.e. under my Best Of XXX playlist I right click to create new playlist of a particular band). It used to copy the column order as well. After update it does not. A totally different column order appears and I need to manually sort it. I believe this is a glitch in the update.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Ludek

Re: Different column layout in archive and playlists [#15018]

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
I cannot replicate the issue, but based on code review I've fixed a tweak that could cause it.
Could you please try to replace your current MediaMonkey.exe file (located in the install folder of build 4.1.21.1875) by this file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqfpr9mje8jjm ... y.exe?dl=0
And run it to see whether the issue is resolved?

Thanks!

BTW: Keep in mind that playlists shares the settings with a corresponding collection, so playlist that has set View as : Music (default) shares the columns with Music collection, so please check (by right-clicking the playlist > Edit playlist... ) whether the 'view as' is correctly set.