Album art work on random albums has changed

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

krefeldworld

Album art work on random albums has changed

Post by krefeldworld »

A number of album covers seem to have been changed without my intervention. Often just to alternative versions of the same cover but sometimes to the cover all together. This all seems to have happened on 12 July 2018 judging by the files dates. Could I have done something to cause this or did something change with MMW on that day? (Or the maybe the Discogs Tagger?) Whatever happened it is a little annoying! Ideas? Thanks
Lowlander

Re: Album art work on random albums has changed

Post by Lowlander »

Taggers could if you enable the option to tag Artwork. It may also be external Artwork (added on scanning) or the Artwork lookup (Tools > Options > Metadata Lookup) is enabled (should only work when no Artwork is know for the file.
krefeldworld

Post by krefeldworld »

Sorry I don't understand.

Metadata Lookup is not enabled. This is a new issue. Also mentioned elsewhere on this forum I think (https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... rk#p445341).

Something has changed, is it the discogs tagger? Are you talking about that when you say tagger? (The option to "always set option to save cover-images" perhaps?)

I know this is a bit trivial but MMW seems to be finding new album covers and adding them in, and even if I change them back to my originals, the new ones come back. And I haven't changed anything so it seems to be something elsewhere has changed... The new covers don't move to MWA when I sync interestingly.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, that is a Tagger.

Disable Scan file directories for Artwork under Tools > Options > Library. Does it still occur?