Video sync/scan can't be unchecked

To get bugs in the current release fixed, please report them here.

Moderator: Gurus

Polst839790

Video sync/scan can't be unchecked

Post by Polst839790 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:07 am

Hi, I had this bug since the last time I re-installed MM.
Basically if I go in my Portable Device Sync settings, and I try to uncheck the "Video" folder under "Options-->File Locations-->Other media files" it does uncheck but when I click on OK and I go back to the same setting, all the checkboxes are back to checked. Because of this behaviour, even if I try to remove the folder from the "Choose library folders" on the Android app, the Windows app forces it back as soon as I sync something and it scans for videos too. It's highly annoying and time consuming.

I also want to specify that the sync of new files from device library to pc library is disabled, so that is NOT the problem.

System Info:
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1709, OS Build 16299.309
MediaMonkey 4.1.20.1864, installed clean (not through update), no plugins installed

I feel completely comfortable manually editing files and registry entries, so any kind of temporary solution, if possible, is highly appreciated :(

P.S.: I tried to search in the forum for similar bugs but I didn't find anything. I hope I tried enough different keywords.

Lowlander

Re: Video sync/scan can't be unchecked

Post by Lowlander » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:03 pm

Are any of it's sub-folders still selected after you deselect it?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Polst839790

Post by Polst839790 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:40 am

Lowlander wrote:Are any of it's sub-folders still selected after you deselect it?
Yes, all of them, but I've tried every possible combination:
- Deselecting only "Video"
- Deselecting only its subfolders
- Deselecting both "Video" and its subfolders

All of these cases lead to the same result, once I click on OK and go back to see if the changes were actually saved, all the checkboxes are still checked.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I've also tried running MM as Administrator, same result.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:24 pm

Then I suggest capturing this in a debug log (step 4b) and attaching the log to a Support Ticket: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Jonathanzz

Post by Jonathanzz » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:29 am

Thanks for the reply.