FLAC album art wrong in Win 10 thumbnail preview [#14772]

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Purplepants

FLAC album art wrong in Win 10 thumbnail preview [#14772]

Post by Purplepants »

After I updated to v4.1.20.1864 of MM I noticed that my FLAC files sometimes show different album art in MM than in the taskbar thumbnail preview. With 'taskbar thumbnail preview' I mean the small window with the playback controls that pops up after hovering my cursor over the MM icon on the taskbar.

A lot of my music has both the front cover and the back cover of the album in their tag. The front cover, being the top most art in the tag, is correctly shown in MediaMonkey. But for some reason, the last artwork is sometimes shown in the taskbar thumbnail preview. When it is the incorrect artwork, it is always the last one listed in the tag.
I expect this is not the intended behaviour, hence this post. I do not have this issue with other file extensions (mp3), only with FLAC files. Clearing the MMcache in %temp% doesn't seem to make any difference.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 (1709).

Here is a screenshot of the problem in action:

If deemed useful, I'm happy to run the debug version of MM to see if that has the same issue.
Lowlander

Re: FLAC album art wrong in Windows 10 taskbar thumbnail pre

Post by Lowlander »

I've not noticed that here.
Purplepants

Post by Purplepants »

After doing some more testing I found the following behaviour after deleting the MMCache folder in %temp%:

When playing a FLAC file (e.g. double click on a file in the playlist), only the last image in the track's tag gets added to the MMCache in %temp%. The right (first) image is shown in the 'now playing' area. However, the image added to %temp% is being shown as the preview in the thumbnail (and other Window-preview places like when using Alt+Tab). When I navigate to the album in the MM library, this wrong image is also displayed.

Then, I closed MediaMonkey and cleared the MMCache again. After opening MM again, I see the right album art being loaded for the album that I was just viewing. When I then go to play a song from that album, the right album art is shown everywhere: Now Playing, library, and thumbnail preview.

It seems to me that MM is fetching the wrong image when playing a song for which there is no album art in the cache, but it is fetching the right image to display in the library. The thumbnail then uses whatever is in the cache.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I still haven't seen this. You could capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Purplepants

Re: FLAC album art wrong in Win 10 thumbnail preview [#14772]

Post by Purplepants »

I just installed v4.1.22.1880 and I no longer have this issue.

Thank you very much for resolving this, it is much appreciated!