podcast downloads - single episode fail

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

kvon

podcast downloads - single episode fail

Post by kvon »

Hello,

I manage a number of podcasts with MMW, and update daily to download the latest episodes for each - 99% of the time, without issue.

Every now and then, a single episode will fail to download - and pops up an error saying "Socket Error 10061 connection refused".

The problem is, that once a particular episode is afflicted with this error, it's permanent and irreversible. It will fail every single time. And bad enough that I can't access that episode, I also have to dismiss the error message every single time I do an "update all podcasts".

The problem is not limited to one podcast (series), it's happened with several different episodes in 3 or 4 different podcasts.

Any assistance appreciated!
Lowlander

Re: podcast downloads - single episode fail

Post by Lowlander »

Can you manually download it using your Browser?
kvon

Post by kvon »

Lowlander wrote:Can you manually download it using your Browser?
Depends on how you mean it:
Can I go to the podcast website and download it as an MP3? Yes.
Can I grab the file URL from the MM file properties, paste that into the browser and download from there? I don't know - the file properties dialog is grayed out and I can't select the URL to copy/paste. And - the filename is so long that it overflows the "file path:" field edit box, so I can't see the whole filename to type it manually.
kvon

Post by kvon »

...and now, the episode I was having the recent trouble with just fixed itself. Never seen it go this way, actually. Took it about 4 days after the episode was published.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Bu taking the Podcast Subscription URL and then downloading the file from the feed that loads in the browser.