unknown tokenizer: mm [#14334]

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

skrutm

unknown tokenizer: mm [#14334]

Post by skrutm »

Hi,
I still have problems updating the DB with SQLite. I get "unknown tokenizer: mm" error. I want to do what other already tried... for example "UPDATE Songs SET IDMedia=9 WHERE IDMedia=7" I've tried to copy SQLite3MM, SQLite3MMExt over, I tried "SELECT load_extension('SQLite3MM.dll');" I tried it with SQLiteStudio and SQliteSpy... no success.
Can you please tell me exactly what I must do, queries to work.
Matjaz
Peke

Re: unknown tokenizer: mm

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
PetrCBR

Re: unknown tokenizer: mm

Post by PetrCBR »

SQLite often change API so your editor need to use same version as we're using (3.7.6.3).
SQLite3MM.dll is main SQLite engine (sqlite3.dll) with our tokenizer.
SQLite3MMExt.dll is extensions library we're using (collation, functions etc.). This extensions library should work on any SQLite version, however for updating database (change/add string values using UPDATE query) you need our tokenizer (for full text search), which is in main library.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
skrutm

Re: unknown tokenizer: mm [#14334]

Post by skrutm »

I’m still confused. What version oif SQLiteSpy should I download? 1.9.0 that includes SQLite 3.7.6? Can you provide me with the link to the right version?
Thanks,
Matjaz
ITgreybeard

Post by ITgreybeard »

Is there a workable .dll to load into SQLiteSpy (or other such db tool) that makes possible both reading and writing to the current version of MediaMonkey?

I am running MM 4.1.20.1864 on Win10 Pro, am committed to MM as the best cataloging tool anywhere, have purchased the Lifetime Gold version, and have more than 35K audio tracks managed with it starting half a dozen years ago. I now want to catalog a video collection, but that is requiring some up-front tag massaging.

I am looking to craft a few special updates that would pertain to video files, and have downloaded a half-dozen SQLite-compatible tools to do so, including SQLiteSpy. When a copy of MediaMonkey.dll is placed in the same directory as the SQLiteSpy executable, SQLiteSpy works pretty well for reading, but falls down on updating, complaining that an unknown tokenizer 'mm' is missing.

Elsewhere in the forum it is suggested that SQLite3MM.dll and SQLite3MMExt.dll could work. So I have tested placing copies of SQLite3MM.dll and SQLite3MMExt.dll into the SQLite3 folder, and then loading them singly or in all possible combinations with MediaMonkey.dll via the tools/extensions interface on SQLiteSpy. Either of these two alternative dll's produces the error that 'the specified procedure could not be found,' though SQLite3Spy does not actually specify the procedure -- to me, that is.

ODBC proved an interesting but not useful tool, as errors persisted in sorting or joining data, though simple reading usually was successful. I could link tables to MS Access, but running much of anything sucked.

There is a reputed SQLite3 interface to Visual Studio, and while I have installed it, it seemed better to try these retail interfaces first.

So let me re-pose the question: Is there a workable.dll to load into SQLite3Spy (or other such db tool) that makes possible both reading and writing to the current version of MediaMonkey?

If not, I might try my hand at scripting, but I gravitate towards SQL, what with long career experience in the many variants and versions of the language.

Thanks. ITG
Last edited by ITgreybeard on Thu May 03, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ITgreybeard

Post by ITgreybeard »

Still an issue - Is there anything that I could do about it?
ITgreybeard : MM Lifetime Gold on Win10Pro, always the latest production release unless noted otherwise. My carryaround is an AMD-based Lenovo Yoga 6 w 8c/16t, 16GB mem and .5 TB ssd. NAS is an Intel-based Lenovo X1 Yoga Gen3 with 4c/8t, 16GB mem and .5TB ssd running Win10Pro, with many storage volumes (40TB) attached via Thunderbolt 3. Other towers and laptops can chime in as called for.
MMuser2011

Post by MMuser2011 »

@Peke, @jiri, @rusty: Please let us know what we can do to solve this problem. The use of SQLite would really be helpful if we could manage/update the Songs table too.

Unfortunately
Petr provided the necessary info in the forum. I think that's sufficient since few users will be doing this.
doesn't help for the actual situation.
Magic Nodes v4.3.3 (2018-10-03) last free version SQL Viewer v2.4 (2009-10-25)
ExternalTools v1.4 (2011-05-09) iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid
Calculate Cover Size v1.7 (2012-10-23) RegExp Find & Replace v4.4.9 (2018-10-03) last free version